Offered with a relocation question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Offered with a relocation question

Postby Amity » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:30 am

I was recently offered by my SA firm. I loved the people, including working closely with several partners. The firm has offices in several cities/states and I requested a satellite location across country (in the state where my parents retired). Has anyone here SA at one firm and started your associate position at a satellite office? Let me add that my SA office had a few hundred attorneys and the satellite office has less than 30 attorneys.

What I am getting at is that had I returned to my SA office, I’d know a lot of friendly faces but come August I’ll be starting all over again. I am not particularly concerned but nevertheless, I am curious if anyone here went through the same experience and could share some of the ins and outs.

Return to “Legal Employment”