most difficult legal issue

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273516
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

most difficult legal issue

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:57 pm

told by others about a CB question: what was the most difficult legal doctrine you entered at law school, and what did you do to get a better understanding the doctrine?

thinking about using a con law doctrine, but not sure I ever obtained a better understanding as my grade sucked for Con Law.

suggestions?

User avatar
Lacepiece23
Posts: 836
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: most difficult legal issue

Postby Lacepiece23 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:told by others about a CB question: what was the most difficult legal doctrine you entered at law school, and what did you do to get a better understanding the doctrine?

thinking about using a con law doctrine, but not sure I ever obtained a better understanding as my grade sucked for Con Law.

suggestions?


I would go with Erie Doctrine from Civ Pro.

UnderrateOverachieve
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: most difficult legal issue

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 pm

I usually go with writing. I got in A in it but my first couple drafts were absolutely mascaraed in red ink.

I find being able to explain how I started off shitty and then ended up doing A quality work in a short amount of time works well.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: most difficult legal issue

Postby Bronck » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:told by others about a CB question: what was the most difficult legal doctrine you entered at law school, and what did you do to get a better understanding the doctrine?

thinking about using a con law doctrine, but not sure I ever obtained a better understanding as my grade sucked for Con Law.

suggestions?


I would go with Erie Doctrine from Civ Pro.


Seems solid. No idea if this is a good idea, but you could talk about how you flowcharted things, went over several examples multiple times (e.g., Glannon), did practice tests, etc.

equality7-2521
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: most difficult legal issue

Postby equality7-2521 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:29 pm

.
Last edited by equality7-2521 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: most difficult legal issue

Postby brotherdarkness » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:30 pm

.
Last edited by brotherdarkness on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5715
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: most difficult legal issue

Postby BVest » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Mine was personal jurisdiction, simply because I really needed to have all of the parts before I could put it all together in my head. Therefore much of the time spent on it I was learning rules (general J, specific J in different cases) without knowing how that was going to fit together until the end, but it came together well (only to have the prof give us almost an entire pass on the exam and focus instead on FRCP issues -- whatever, I had my rulebook).

rad21
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 am

Re: most difficult legal issue

Postby rad21 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Make sure you're brushed up on whatever doctrine you mention. If you've "overcome" RAP and they ask a follow up question about it, you'll want to remain conversational.

Gorki
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: most difficult legal issue

Postby Gorki » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:01 pm

rad21 wrote:Make sure you're brushed up on whatever doctrine you mention. If you've "overcome" RAP and they ask a follow up question about it, you'll want to remain conversational.


This so much. Either treat this Q super dodgy and cite a rule you just happen to know, or make damn sure its a rule you DO know.

Also I would never say RAP or 2-207 or anything like that, if only b/c an evil interviewer could say "well explain it to me like I had never heard of it before."




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.