Cover Letter Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawhopeful10

Cover Letter Question

Postby lawhopeful10 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:39 pm

In this thread on networking http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 23&t=87297 the poster says one's first line in a cover letter after networking should be "partner X told me to send you my résumé". I plan on networking like it says to in that thread however I was wondering if name dropping your contact at the firm in your cover letter is the credited way to go.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User

Re: Cover Letter Question

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:41 pm

lawhopeful10 wrote:In this thread on networking viewtopic.php?f=23&t=87297 the poster says one's first line in a cover letter after networking should be "partner X told me to send you my résumé". I plan on networking like it says to in that thread however I was wondering if name dropping your contact at the firm in your cover letter is the credited way to go.
Thanks in advance.

IMO, hells yeah. CC the contact
Even better is having the partner forward your résumé to HR

lawhopeful10

Postby lawhopeful10 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks. Anyone else have thoughts on this or the best way to name drop when you apply somewhere.

lolwat

Postby lolwat » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:53 am

imo yep.

name drop the hell out of partner contacts (assuming they give you the okay to do so). it gets noticed.

Return to “Legal Employment”