I Hoard Rejection Letters

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am

I just woke up to two rejection letters in my mailbox to add to the ones I already have. I even print out the rejection emails. I might frame the one from K&E.

Does anyone else have weird rituals for coping with rejection?

ETA: Maybe this is more appropriate in the lounge?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:I just woke up to two rejection letters in my mailbox to add to the ones I already have. I even print out the rejection emails. I might frame the one from K&E.

Does anyone else have weird rituals for coping with rejection?

ETA: Maybe this is more appropriate in the lounge?

was K&E snail mail or email?

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Bikeflip » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:45 am


Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just woke up to two rejection letters in my mailbox to add to the ones I already have. I even print out the rejection emails. I might frame the one from K&E.

Does anyone else have weird rituals for coping with rejection?

ETA: Maybe this is more appropriate in the lounge?

was K&E snail mail or email?


It was an email post-CB.

As for the paper law school... WOW :D I can't even... Too bad I'm not good at crafts, because otherwise I'd make one of these :D

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby 3|ink » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm really sorry dude.

florentine
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby florentine » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Dings after callbacks hurt the most :(. Especially when you think you did an awesome job and you fit in perfectly.

ejlions84
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:51 am

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby ejlions84 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm

florentine wrote:Dings after callbacks hurt the most :(. Especially when you think you did an awesome job and you fit in perfectly.


Still waiting to hear from my first call back, so I haven't had this joy yet. Each day that goes by, I die a little inside. I've had 6 screeners (one CB, one ding) since last Monday, so I'm hoping to have the chance to be rejected at a few CBs in the coming days

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7317
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 pm

I have a pile on my desk that I'm just saving for no particular reason. I guess motivation?

Void
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Void » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 pm

I keep them. I even have my UG, grad school, and law school rejection letters. They're in a file in my filing cabinet. I'm hoping that in 30 years I can lean back in my creaky leather chair, kick my feet up by the fire, and read them aloud while smoking a pipe and chuckling to myself.

*just realized that I hope to retire as a hobbit.

Cyne
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:55 am

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Cyne » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:45 pm

I keep mine in a pretty heft three ring binder.

One day, and I'll know when the time is right, that thing is going to go into a bonfire. I am going to partially char some meat with fire fed by my former sorrow. It will taste delicious :-).

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Nova » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Danger Zone wrote:I have a pile on my desk that I'm just saving for no particular reason. I guess motivation?

Same here

User avatar
vulaw
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby vulaw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Void wrote:I keep them. I even have my UG, grad school, and law school rejection letters. They're in a file in my filing cabinet. I'm hoping that in 30 years I can lean back in my creaky leather chair, kick my feet up by the fire, and read them aloud while smoking a pipe and chuckling to myself.

*just realized that I hope to retire as a hobbit.



All you need is hairy feet.

Void
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Re: I Hoard Rejection Letters

Postby Void » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:49 pm

vulaw wrote:
Void wrote:I keep them. I even have my UG, grad school, and law school rejection letters. They're in a file in my filing cabinet. I'm hoping that in 30 years I can lean back in my creaky leather chair, kick my feet up by the fire, and read them aloud while smoking a pipe and chuckling to myself.

*just realized that I hope to retire as a hobbit.



All you need is hairy feet.


That's actually already pretty covered.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.