THE OCI/EIW/post-CB Rejection DING BAR

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: THE OCI/EIW/post-CB Rejection DING BAR

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:49 pm

to the two dc regulatory-oriented firms who dinged me after screeners,

having grades at your median, work experience in your fields, multiple partners who know me well pulling for me, and killing the interviews wasn't enough? you'll regret those dings when everyone you gave an offer to, who knows nothing bout what you do anyway, goes to bigger firms in ny and leaves you stranded.

to schiff hardin ny,

i really doubt anybody topped my written test, and i know i got plenty of love during my interviews. your associates are legitimately afraid to cross the street against the light, in ny; are you sure you're really all about being bold and getting business?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Dear Last Firm I Had Hope For,

Thanks for the rejection email a week or so later than you said you'd let us know (but I still patiently waited for you). Also, you might want to check next time and not tell me that you unfortunately cannot bring me in for a callback interview when I've already had a callback and was hoping for an offer for next summer.

Sincerely,
Law Student That Knows How to Proofread

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Nixon Peabody,

While I appreciate your taking the time to send me a rejection, the only application I have ever submitted to you was for a 2013 1L summer associateship; I had figured out by now that I wasn't being selected.

Sincerely,

-Looking for a 2L position now

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:41 am

Dear Stroock:

Thanks for rejecting me 5 days post-CB. Ten minutes after I arrived at your firm, I knew that I didn[t want to work for a firm that had a much higher opinion of itself. Why the attitude? After all, you're only a V90, and probably well on its way to dropping outta Vault altogether. You were a filler CB because I had to be in NY for 3 other firms.

One thing, though, and that I thank you for the email ding, just as I was writing to withdrawing from you after receiving 2 offers elsewhere. Honestly, I'd even take Kasowitz over you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Dear Kelly Hart:

I understand that you have filled your class for next summer, but did you really find it necessary to send me to letters on the same day informing me of this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Akin Gump,

I figured out that you didn't want me months ago. Dinging me a week before Christmas is just excessive.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Dear XXXXX,

I appreciate getting a CB back in August. I appreciate you letting me do a video conference from my local town to the satellite office where I was being considered. and I especially appreciate you getting back to every one of my requests for an update with "we're working on it, just hold tight. But, what I really appreciate is that you went out of your way to contact me on Christmas Eve to let me know it didn't work out.

Thank you,

S

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:32 am

I'm a 2L. Today I just got a ding email from a 1L in-house gig I applied to last year. I think I win?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:55 am

Dear X BigLaw Firm:

Thank you for sending me yet another rejection email. As if I hadn't figured it out from the prior six (I think) I received between mail and email in response to the single application I sent (and interview I had with you).

Dear Y BigLaw Firm:

You might want to remove rejected applicants from your firm mailing list. I really don't care about firm updates, promotions, or even holiday wishes. Barring that, you should at least have a way for me to remove myself from the mailing list.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:48 pm

reviving this for 2014

---

dear lower vault firms in a certain west-coast secondary market,

i would rescind all my applications, but i forgot who i said what to. you're all terrible. most of you have no specialty and only one perk: no snow during the winter, if you can even call that a perk. some of you have either shit litigation or no litigation. i hope you realize the only reason anyone wants to work for you is because of your location. your legal reputation stinks. you're an excuse to move to that city. in 2-3 years, those people you courted this year will quit and take up other jobs, while you either downgrade, merge, or file for bankruptcy.

sincerely,

incoming v10 SA who's tired of being dinged for having "no ties"

Return to “Legal Employment”