Q's to aks PW

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Q's to aks PW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:37 pm

I got an interview coming up and struggling to come up with Q's to ask them.someone plz help!!!

Anonymous User

Re: Q's to aks PW

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got an interview coming up and struggling to come up with Q's to ask them.someone plz help!!!

Why did you choose to go to this firm (either lateral or summer)?
Why did you choose [specific practice area]? Did you try other practice areas? Why did you choose not to go into those?
Is associate responsibility determined by class year, asking for specific work, proving you can handle it, or all of the above?
What percentage of your projects are cross-staffed across offices?
Why did you/didn't you choose to clerk?
What do you think is the biggest differentiator between your firm and peer firms?

Also, specific questions about their history is always a good way to go. Why did you choose to switch careers or science major to law, etc.?

EDIT: Also, it shouldn't be hard to come up with questions. Be truthful and genuine. What are things you are legitimately curious about? The above things are what I'm interested in finding out about when I meet attorneys. It might be different for you.

Don't think of this as an exam. Think and be genuine.

Return to “Legal Employment”