What Should You Do If You Get No-Offered?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
IAFG

Re: What Should You Do If You Get No-Offered?

Postby IAFG » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:38 pm

What's J. D.'s story? Bitter JDU shitlawyer from a TTT who basks in the failures of better-credentialed people? Bitter laTTThamed washout?

delusional

Postby delusional » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 am

thesealocust wrote:I can all but guarantee that's what prompted the yanking.

In other news, does this mean ATL regularly reads TLS? If so, does that mean we're famous?

(HI LAT)

Re: this post and the one below that calls ATL a festering TTT blog for reading TLS: Without weighing in either way on whether ATL is in fact a festering TTT blog, they'd be remiss if they didn't keep an eye on TLS. Despite the natural self-loathing of law students and lawyers, TLS, along with a couple other websites, is part of the pulse of the biglaw market that they claim to cover.

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:19 am

delusional wrote:
thesealocust wrote:I can all but guarantee that's what prompted the yanking.

In other news, does this mean ATL regularly reads TLS? If so, does that mean we're famous?

(HI LAT)

Re: this post and the one below that calls ATL a festering TTT blog for reading TLS: Without weighing in either way on whether ATL is in fact a festering TTT blog, they'd be remiss if they didn't keep an eye on TLS. Despite the natural self-loathing of law students and lawyers, TLS, along with a couple other websites, is part of the pulse of the biglaw market that they claim to cover.

Keeping an eye on TLS is part of their job. Writing an article focusing on one SAs situation without permission is just wrong. It is basically outing her to the firm and to anyone who can figure it out. She is going to need help getting a new job. That article can only hurt her at her summer firm.

There are plenty of other stories of people who were no offered. I doubt they did a story linking to the no offer thread from last year. Just a totally classless thing to do.

It creates a situation where people who are no offered (or have other problems at their job) and need advice might not post because they don't want to end up on ATL.

J. D.

Postby J. D. » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:47 pm

NYstate wrote:Writing an article focusing on one SAs situation without permission is just wrong. It is basically outing her to the firm and to anyone who can figure it out. She is going to need help getting a new job. That article can only hurt her at her summer firm. There are plenty of other stories of people who were no offered. I doubt they did a story linking to the no offer thread from last year. Just a totally classless thing to do.

Apparently ATL saw this on an analytical level (since it is on a public message board) while others disagree. To me the bigger question: had the no-offered SA asked for opinions on what to say during the exit interview…. what would be your response…. out the alleged offender or go with an “all is good” response. Whatever the response I am sure there would be disagreement.

IAFG: School has a +90% employment score, +60% big firm employment. No need to agonize .. LIG.

Return to “Legal Employment”