Reminder: Stop Reading Tea Leaves; Start Mass Mailing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
paoding

Re: Reminder: Stop Reading Tea Leaves; Start Mass Mailing

Postby paoding » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those looking to do corporate law but striking out of big law, in-house positions may be a great alternative! My company, Gusto, is currently looking for two 2L-3L summer interns! (http://grnh.se/258ak01) Some background about me: I struck out at big law, worked at a small law firm my 2L summer, and took on several in-house internships (including one at Gusto), and was offered a full-time position with a tech company immediately prior to graduation! Don't give up hope - get creative. I am making good money, learning tons, and much happier than I imagine I would have been had I done big law!

Thanks! Do you mind sharing where such in house legal internship opportunities can be found?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:04 am

I've applied to every patent opening in the country I've seen and heard nothing. Am I just screwed by my resume of all patent related stuff at all the non-patent firms in applying to? It's abundantly clear that my sole focus was patent law and the only reason I'm applying to these places is because I'm a massive failure. The faculty I spoke to at my T30 before deciding on it said with my background I wouldn't have a problem finding a job. Now that I know that was a lie am I just screwed?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Whoops wrong thread

Deleted

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those looking to do corporate law but striking out of big law, in-house positions may be a great alternative! My company, Gusto, is currently looking for two 2L-3L summer interns! (http://grnh.se/258ak01) Some background about me: I struck out at big law, worked at a small law firm my 2L summer, and took on several in-house internships (including one at Gusto), and was offered a full-time position with a tech company immediately prior to graduation! Don't give up hope - get creative. I am making good money, learning tons, and much happier than I imagine I would have been had I done big law!

were you offered a full time position post-grad with Gusto from your internship?

Return to “Legal Employment”