Reminder: Stop Reading Tea Leaves; Start Mass Mailing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
justanotheruser

Bronze

Re: Reminder: Stop Reading Tea Leaves; Start Mass Mailing

Post by justanotheruser » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:46 pm

I get that each person has their specific circumstances, but -- at least for those in major markets -- I would highly encourage considering working in the public sector.
Last edited by QContinuum on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Anyone know which firms are still actively recruiting and haven't filled their summer class?

mishpt1

New

Post by mishpt1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:34 pm

justanotheruser wrote:I get that each person has their specific circumstances, but -- at least for those in major markets -- I would highly encourage considering working in the public sector.
Why?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:19 am

mishpt1 wrote:
justanotheruser wrote:I get that each person has their specific circumstances, but -- at least for those in major markets -- I would highly encourage considering working in the public sector.
Why?
OP here. I'm not sure why my original post got flagged for "abuse". I mean, weird flex but okay. The intent of my post was to just suggest expanding your options at a certain point. It doesn't have to be "big law or bust". I'm a T14 grad and I have a ton of friends in big law asking me about government practice. Just saying certain positions in the public sector are worth considering. Not sure what's so controversial about suggesting that. Nowhere did I denigrate people who want to exhaust every possible path into big law. It appears the moderator woke up on the wrong side of bed that day.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
mishpt1 wrote:
Why?
OP here. I'm not sure why my original post got flagged for "abuse". I mean, weird flex but okay. The intent of my post was to just suggest expanding your options at a certain point. It doesn't have to be "big law or bust". I'm a T14 grad and I have a ton of friends in big law asking me about government practice. Just saying certain positions in the public sector are worth considering. Not sure what's so controversial about suggesting that. Nowhere did I denigrate people who want to exhaust every possible path into big law. It appears the moderator woke up on the wrong side of bed that day.
The "abuse" was your use of the anonymous posting feature for a post that didn't require it (hence the description). No one thought your opinion was controversial.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

justanotheruser

Bronze

Post by justanotheruser » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:12 am

cavalier1138 wrote: The "abuse" was your use of the anonymous posting feature for a post that didn't require it (hence the description). No one thought your opinion was controversial.
My apologies then.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:34 pm

guys, I want to share a piece of good news with you. It's really helpful to mass mailing. I struck out on OCI and mass mailed more than hundreds of emails at the beginning of September. I received several phone screener interviews and now finally an offer from V20 firm. Keep mass mailing!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”