30-60 minute callback advice?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

30-60 minute callback advice?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 pm

I had an OCI screener with some local firms in my area. I was pleased to get a callback from a few of them, but it seems their "callback" is not at all like some of the national firms' callbacks---especially the time length.

Has anyone experienced this type of callback? Is this still the last interview, or do local firms like this do a traditional three round type of deal?

I understand the reasoning. A firm that only has 30-50 attorneys can't really afford to burn all those man hours (and expensive meals) on callbacks.

Anonymous User

Re: 30-60 minute callback advice?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had an OCI screener with some local firms in my area. I was pleased to get a callback from a few of them, but it seems their "callback" is not at all like some of the national firms' callbacks---especially the time length.

Has anyone experienced this type of callback? Is this still the last interview, or do local firms like this do a traditional three round type of deal?

I understand the reasoning. A firm that only has 30-50 attorneys can't really afford to burn all those man hours (and expensive meals) on callbacks.

I received a CB with a large firm that is for 90 minutes. I would guess that they just have fewer or shorter interviews, because that's how they like to do it. I would prepare the same way as for any other CB. If it is with multiple firms in the same area, it's probably just local practice.

Return to “Legal Employment”