Following up after a screening interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Following up after a screening interview

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:01 pm

I did a screening interview over three weeks ago. During the interview, the screener told me that the recruiting director would get back to me within two weeks. However, I have not heard back from the employer yet. Should I contact the recruiting director?

I just don't want to come across as pushy because I know that there are multiple factors that go into deciding whether to invite a applicant back for a callback but at the same time I need to be able to make decisions.

Anonymous User

Re: Following up after a screening interview

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:04 pm

OP here: one other question - I am assuming if I do write that I should write to the recruiter. But would you write to the recruiter or to the person who did the screening interview?

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:12 pm

My guess is it's a ding if you've waited that long. But I don't see anything wrong with contacting recruiting and reiterating your interest in the firm. Be sure to call.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Bronck wrote:My guess is it's a ding if you've waited that long. But I don't see anything wrong with contacting recruiting and reiterating your interest in the firm. Be sure to call.

Call? I'm not the original OP but I'm in a similar situation with a firm I'm very interested in. Why call rather than email?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Bronck wrote:My guess is it's a ding if you've waited that long. But I don't see anything wrong with contacting recruiting and reiterating your interest in the firm. Be sure to call.

Call? I'm not the original OP but I'm in a similar situation with a firm I'm very interested in. Why call rather than email?

I'm in a similar situation but do not plan on contacting, since I assume there is a reason - and, at best, I'm possibly on the maybe pile.

I thought the "call" bit might be sarcasm, because it seems to me that email would be preferred. I don't know, though.

Return to “Legal Employment”