Big Law v. Big Fed: Most appealing to SOs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Big Law v. Big Fed: Most appealing to SOs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 am

We've all been chasing that "models and bottles" lifestyle. I'm just curious, if you were dating someone, would you prefer they had a Big Law or a Big Fed career?

t-14orbust

Re: Big Law v. Big Fed: Most appealing to SOs

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:22 am

Is this implying that I have a thorough knowledge of the careers or that I'm a lay(wo)man

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:23 am

I still like my husband and want him to do housework, so bigfed. In 10 years when I am sick of him, biglaw.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:41 am

IAFG wrote:I still like my husband and want him to do housework, so bigfed. In 10 years when I am sick of him, biglaw.

Lol TICR

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:46 am

My ideal mate would work at Wachtell, allowing me to realize my fantasy of uninterrupted agoraphobia and cash for limitless Snickers ice cream bars and video games.

You get all of the money and prestige with none of the need to interact with humans.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 am

thesealocust wrote:My ideal mate would work at Wachtell, allowing me to realize my fantasy of uninterrupted agoraphobia and cash for limitless Snickers ice cream bars and video games.

You get all of the money and prestige with none of the need to interact with humans.

what about dollar pizza, bro?

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:53 am

thesealocust wrote:My ideal mate would work at Wachtell, allowing me to realize my fantasy of uninterrupted agoraphobia and cash for limitless Snickers ice cream bars and video games.

OMG THESE ARE THE BEST

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 am

Dollar pizza gets me by, but you need Snickers ice cream bars when things get bad. All lawyers wind up nervous wrecks who pick up unhealthy habits to cope, mine is binging on box fulls (pro tip: they sell them by the box) of Snickers ice cream bars.

No regrets.

Return to “Legal Employment”