Need advice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Need advice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Should I ask my firm to start at another office instead of the one I worked at this summer or should I just shut up, take the offer, and move on?

p1arnold

Re: Need advice

Postby p1arnold » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Depends. Is the other office a bigger one or smaller one? Is there precedent for a move like that?

I think, without the information, it is best to start for a year or two and then request a move.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 pm

p1arnold wrote:Depends. Is the other office a bigger one or smaller one? Is there precedent for a move like that?

I think, without the information, it is best to start for a year or two and then request a move.

The other office is smaller, but I want to move there to be closer to family. I have no ideas if there is precedent for a move like that. I am hoping someone here has heard some thing along this line.

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
p1arnold wrote:Depends. Is the other office a bigger one or smaller one? Is there precedent for a move like that?

The other office is smaller, but I want to move there to be closer to family. I have no ideas if there is precedent for a move like that. I am hoping someone here has heard some thing along this line.

Ask a person that you trusted over the summer. Maybe your associate buddy/mentor or someone you know will give you honest and unbiased advice. Then trust your good judgment.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:13 am

Op. you can pm me if you like. I may have some insight for you but I'd need a little more info.

Return to “Legal Employment”