Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 pm

A short email of continued interest turned into a callback. Don't be afraid to be enthusiastic.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:One callback from 60+ screeners. My grades were probably slightly below median if you look at the number of H's, but I was hoping that would be offset by a book award. Maybe not. I thought the callback went well, but no offer yet. I'm mass mailing like crazy and starting to panic.


Jeez... Sorry to hear that, and a little concerned. How common is that situation here at S? (1L).

Good luck!!!


Update: I got an offer today from the firm where I had my callback. I feel like I can finally breathe again for the first time since OCI ended. It's a non-Vault firm that most SLS people would probably never even consider, but it sure beats debtor's prison.


Awesome!!! Congrats. - that concerned 1L

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 am

I'm an abysmal interviewer and only had 3 callbacks out of OCI (45 interviews) but ended up with a quality Bay Area firm-- power of SLS right there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Any word of offers from WSGR Palo Alto?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word of offers from WSGR Palo Alto?


They're still doing SLS callbacks (mine is tomorrow). I haven't heard of any offers yet.

Cancelled callbacks with Latham DC and Wilmer DC today. Hope somebody else gets called.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word of offers from WSGR Palo Alto?


They're still doing SLS callbacks (mine is tomorrow). I haven't heard of any offers yet.

Cancelled callbacks with Latham DC and Wilmer DC today. Hope somebody else gets called.


Any idea of timeline to hear back after callbacks for WSGR or Fenwick SV?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Anyone hear from Orrick SV or MoFo SF yet post-CB? Corp for both

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word of offers from WSGR Palo Alto?


They're still doing SLS callbacks (mine is tomorrow). I haven't heard of any offers yet.

Cancelled callbacks with Latham DC and Wilmer DC today. Hope somebody else gets called.


Any idea of timeline to hear back after callbacks for WSGR or Fenwick SV?


I received an offer from Fenwick and WSGR today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Last But Not Least: SLS OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word of offers from WSGR Palo Alto?


They're still doing SLS callbacks (mine is tomorrow). I haven't heard of any offers yet.

Cancelled callbacks with Latham DC and Wilmer DC today. Hope somebody else gets called.


Any idea of timeline to hear back after callbacks for WSGR or Fenwick SV?


I received an offer from Fenwick and WSGR today.


Congrats on Fenwick offer!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.