Got an offer, but waiting to hear back from

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Got an offer, but waiting to hear back from

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 pm

So, I got an offer Friday from a firm I like, but I am still waiting to hear back from a few other callback firms (one in particular that I REALLY liked and thought it went well....but that call back was a week ago yesterday and I've heard NOTHING).

So, should I call the other firms and let them know I am still interested, but I have a pending offer? Or does that just push them into making a decision (and maybe not a good one)? Should I just sit tight for a few weeks???

I have the typical 28 days to respond....but I'd rather not hold on to it that long if I get one from my top firm choice. UGH!!!

Re: Got an offer, but waiting to hear back from

Postby harbin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:25 pm

I'd chill out for another week or two, give the other firms some time to come to a decision on their own deadline. Alert them of your offer after that with at least a week left for them to act on it. The 28 days is there for a reason, no need to rush it.

Return to “Legal Employment”