Clerk at an IP firm Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
acristina

New

Clerk at an IP firm

Post by acristina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 pm

I am 3L and currently a clerk at a midsized IP firm since the winter break 2012/13. They seem to really like me and my work is complimented however it is not clear whether or not an offer for entry level associate will be extended upon graduation. They want me to continue working there. In the mean time I was contacted by another mid-sized IP firm for an interview for summer associate. I have that interview tomorrow. It seems summer associates at this firm are extended offers. My question is what do I say to firm #2 at my interview about my current position? And what do I answer if they ask me if I will be extended an offer at my current firm? Or if they ask me why I haven't been extended an offer??

thanks

Return to “Legal Employment”