Non-Refundable Travel for CB... Want different firm Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Non-Refundable Travel for CB... Want different firm

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 am

I booked a callback, with non-refundable travel, through a firm's travel department/ agency. Would it be possible to keep the travel plans, cancel the callback, and get a different firm (which I prefer) to pick up the cost? Has anyone gone about something like this?

Anonymous User

Re: Non-Refundable Travel for CB... Want different firm

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:I booked a callback, with non-refundable travel, through a firm's travel department/ agency. Would it be possible to keep the travel plans, cancel the callback, and get a different firm (which I prefer) to pick up the cost? Has anyone gone about something like this?
Don't do this. Also, you should be doing both CBs unless you have an offer from a 3rd firm that you would take over the original firm.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:I booked a callback, with non-refundable travel, through a firm's travel department/ agency. Would it be possible to keep the travel plans, cancel the callback, and get a different firm (which I prefer) to pick up the cost? Has anyone gone about something like this?
Are you under the impression you should only do 1 callback or something?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Already have offers and don't want to take up a spot that could be going to a classmate. Thanks for the snark though, bro.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Already have offers and don't want to take up a spot that could be going to a classmate. Thanks for the snark though, bro.
1) They aren't going to offer a classmate a callback because you cancel.

2) Why do you care about the travel costs? Their agent figures that shit out. Just have the new firm make a flight.

lolwat

Silver

Post by lolwat » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:29 pm

I think OP just doesn't want firm #1 to pay for a callback that OP knows he's not going to accept an offer from, so he's trying to see if there's a way he can get firm #2 to pick up the tab for something booked through firm #1's travel agency. It makes sense to care even if he doesn't care about firm #1--there's no sense making them waste money if it's avoidable.

That being said, I have no answers for the OP. I just don't think the question is really that bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”