Willkie Turn Around Time

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone who interviewed this week or last week heard back yet?

Yep....CB this week, offer on the spot. Totally shocked, and could only blurt out "Whaaa?", and had him repeat the offer, speaking slowly. I'd rate my personality and interview skills pretty good, but not great, at least up until the point of the offer, after which the partner probably felt that he was speaking to an idiot.

Median at Lower T14, with some quality WE. Our OCI didn't finish until Aug 26, so we get leftovers.
Thanks to you HYSCCNVPM's who didn't take the original offers.

For the rest of you, keep your chin up. Good Luck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Any more news out there? For those of you who got offers, how long was it before you got the confirming email?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Cb on August 22. Come this Thursday, it's going to be 4 weeks of complete silence. Seems crazy that they put people on hold for this long, while offering others on the spot.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cb on August 22. Come this Thursday, it's going to be 4 weeks of complete silence. Seems crazy that they put people on hold for this long, while offering others on the spot.


This is likely the result of on-the-spot offers. When I turned mine down there was an offer on this thread. Hang in there...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 pm

I had a really strange experience where the second-to-last partner shadily took me to a conference room instead of my last interview with no explanation. Then someone from recruiting came and I met with a hiring partner. I got the offer a week and a half later but was initially really turned off by how they conducted it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone who interviewed this week or last week heard back yet?


Had a friend who interviewed same day as me and got the offer (two weeks ago from this Wednesday). I'm still waiting...not hopeful.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:08 am

I'm going to be accepting my offer tomorrow. Hopefully that doesn't bode poorly for some of you guys still waiting. Have faith, though. I know they really cranked out the CBs the week of August 19th, and that means a ton of decision dates are coming up. You ought to be off the hook one way or another by the end of the way.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm going to be accepting my offer tomorrow. Hopefully that doesn't bode poorly for some of you guys still waiting. Have faith, though. I know they really cranked out the CBs the week of August 19th, and that means a ton of decision dates are coming up. You ought to be off the hook one way or another by the end of the way.

Great. I guess I'll be seeing you there. Btw, how long was it between the time you got the offer and then the confirming emailo?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:13 am

It's been over 4 weeks since CB, and haven't heard anything. Complete radio silence. Anybody else waiting this long to hear back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's been over 4 weeks since CB, and haven't heard anything. Complete radio silence. Anybody else waiting this long to hear back?

CB was week of 9/9 and got verbal offer. Still haven't received email notification, though. You don't think Willkie will pull a "Kasowitz", do you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's been over 4 weeks since CB, and haven't heard anything. Complete radio silence. Anybody else waiting this long to hear back?

CB was week of 9/9 and got verbal offer. Still haven't received email notification, though. You don't think Willkie will pull a "Kasowitz", do you?


I never got an email; I did get a snail mail confirmation.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's been over 4 weeks since CB, and haven't heard anything. Complete radio silence. Anybody else waiting this long to hear back?

CB was week of 9/9 and got verbal offer. Still haven't received email notification, though. You don't think Willkie will pull a "Kasowitz", do you?


I never got an email; I did get a snail mail confirmation.

Great. Was it sent to your NY address? How long after verbal offer did you receive it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's been over 4 weeks since CB, and haven't heard anything. Complete radio silence. Anybody else waiting this long to hear back?

CB was week of 9/9 and got verbal offer. Still haven't received email notification, though. You don't think Willkie will pull a "Kasowitz", do you?


I never got an email; I did get a snail mail confirmation.

Great. Was it sent to your NY address? How long after verbal offer did you receive it?


I hadn't yet updated my resume to include my school address because I hadn't moved in yet, so it was sent to my parents' house. It was sent the day after I received the phone call.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I hadn't yet updated my resume to include my school address because I hadn't moved in yet, so it was sent to my parents' house. It was sent the day after I received the phone call.


When was this?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I hadn't yet updated my resume to include my school address because I hadn't moved in yet, so it was sent to my parents' house. It was sent the day after I received the phone call.


When was this?

+1. Shit....if it was recent, I have to call my parents in NY.....all this time I was expecting email confirmation. btw, for those of you who got the letter, was it also a one-page letter similar to a ding letter? Also did anyone receive a letter recently? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Just got an offer last Friday. How long does it take for the follow-up letter? Is it a thich packet or a thin letter? (don't want to trash it).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got an offer last Friday. How long does it take for the follow-up letter? Is it a thich packet or a thin letter? (don't want to trash it).


Do you mind sharing when you had your CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got an offer last Friday. How long does it take for the follow-up letter? Is it a thich packet or a thin letter? (don't want to trash it).


Do you mind sharing when you had your CB?

2 days prior. When was yours?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I never got an email; I did get a snail mail confirmation.

Hi. Mind telling me whether the snailmail letter was thick or thin (1-page)? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I never got an email; I did get a snail mail confirmation.

Hi. Mind telling me whether the snailmail letter was thick or thin (1-page)? Thanks.


Different poster. Thin.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got an offer last Friday. How long does it take for the follow-up letter? Is it a thich packet or a thin letter? (don't want to trash it).


Do you mind sharing when you had your CB?

2 days prior. When was yours?


Long time ago. Still waiting for a response, so was curious about the timeline for recent offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Anyone else curious about the timeline for getting travel expenses reimbursed? It's been so long since my CB it's silly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I never got an email; I did get a snail mail confirmation.

Hi. Mind telling me whether the snailmail letter was thick or thin (1-page)? Thanks.


Different poster. Thin.

Different Poster also. Thanks. My verbal offer was 2 weeks ago and still haven't received the letter. Considering that it's thin, hope I didn't trash it. At least I got confirming congrats from the partners and the recruiting office. Hong long did your take to arrive?

Edit: Just an update. Received snail mail offer etter today (9/26), 2 weeks post-CB. Apperntly, they had to wait until CCN accept-decline numbers before releasing the letters this week...... so a whole bunch should have been mailed. Yeah, it is a thin 1-page letter, easily mistaken for a ding letter.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Guess nobody else is waiting on Willkie, eh?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Guess nobody else is waiting on Willkie, eh?


I am! Pretty much written them off at this point but still no rejection in hand.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.