Willkie Turn Around Time Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Willkie Turn Around Time

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:28 am

Hi,
I know willkie is notorious for issuing quick CBs, but what about offers? I had my CB yesteraday and think it went well, when should i expect a yes or no?

Anonymous User

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:30 am

Offer on the spot this year. Did you meet with a hiring partner at the end?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:Offer on the spot this year. Did you meet with a hiring partner at the end?
yes but for like less then 3 minutes they had scheduling issues bec one interviewer was sick

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi,
I know willkie is notorious for issuing quick CBs, but what about offers? I had my CB yesteraday and think it went well, when should i expect a yes or no?
I got my offer the next day, but my impression is there's a range.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer on the spot this year. Did you meet with a hiring partner at the end?
yes but for like less then 3 minutes they had scheduling issues bec one interviewer was sick
wait it wasnt a hiring partner it was a partner on the personnel committee dont know if thats the same thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:45 am

If u met with a hiring partner but no offer right there, is that a bad sign?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:If u met with a hiring partner but no offer right there, is that a bad sign?
Same situation, but they said that I should hear by the end of the week. Presume that's the timetable for everyone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:56 am

(New anon)
Didn't meet with a hiring partner at the end, but mine was toward the end of the week so maybe they just weren't in the office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If u met with a hiring partner but no offer right there, is that a bad sign?
Same situation, but they said that I should hear by the end of the week. Presume that's the timetable for everyone.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
+1
My hiring partner said that they often do give an offer on the spot, but since it was early in the week and early in the day, he hadn't been able to compile feedback etc. He told me to expect to hear back in a day or two.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 am

When you guys say you met with a hiring partner, do you mean after your 4 interviews but before you left? I guess they were all just busy when I was there. :|

Also, since I didn't hear on the spot, do offers come via phone or email? And rejections by email or snail mail? Just wondering what I should be looking out for.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:When you guys say you met with a hiring partner, do you mean after your 4 interviews but before you left? I guess they were all just busy when I was there. :|

Also, since I didn't hear on the spot, do offers come via phone or email? And rejections by email or snail mail? Just wondering what I should be looking out for.
Yes to the first question. No idea as to the second.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:When you guys say you met with a hiring partner, do you mean after your 4 interviews but before you left? I guess they were all just busy when I was there. :|

Speaking from experience 2 OCI's ago - after the interviews, I had lunch nearby with 2 associates, and was brought back to the office after lunch and met with a hiring partner then. If you didn't meet with a hiring partner, I wouldn't worry - I think this is entirely dependent on whether or not someone on the committee happens to be available at the time your interview slate/lunch/whatever concludes.

I got an offer the following day by phone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Speaking from experience 2 OCI's ago - after the interviews, I had lunch nearby with 2 associates, and was brought back to the office after lunch and met with a hiring partner then. If you didn't meet with a hiring partner, I wouldn't worry - I think this is entirely dependent on whether or not someone on the committee happens to be available at the time your interview slate/lunch/whatever concludes.

I got an offer the following day by phone.
Thanks. I think they were just really busy and understaffed the day I visited, so that would explain it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
OP. Just got the call, and the offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

well then i guess im done, FML

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

calm down, bro. at least give yourself to the end of the day before you jump off a bridge.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Is this your only callback or something?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Is this your only callback or something?
yup

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Is this your only callback or something?
yup
It's out of your hands now, worry about getting a second callback not whether you'll an offer at your only CB.

A common thread amongst people I know who are graduating no jerb, is that once they get a nibble on a job application, they sit around and wait until they get rejected. That's stupid. You hustle until you have an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Does Willkie tell you who your interviewers are the night before?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does Willkie tell you who your interviewers are the night before?
I called and asked, they said they don't tell you who it is ahead of time because it changes so frequently.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

As the anon who had their CB late last week, +10000. I guess there's still a bit of hope until I get a rejection letter, but my confidence is way lower than it was earlier today...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Anybody get an offer a few days week later? I had a CB yesterday but I still haven't back unlike some people here.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody get an offer a few days week later? I had a CB yesterday but I still haven't back unlike some people here.
From reading past years threads, it seems like its definitely possible to get one a few days later. So don't count yourself out yet!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”