Willkie Turn Around Time Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here CB monday, friend at the firm approached recruiting to ask the story, they said they offered most ppl (from the monday set) already and it doesnt look good for me.

Probs the same for the other ppl with monday pre-monday CBs
Sigh. :( oh well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here CB monday, friend at the firm approached recruiting to ask the story, they said they offered most ppl (from the monday set) already and it doesnt look good for me.

i wouldnt lose hope. last year people got them as late as 4/5 days after. at that poster said "most." Fingers crossed, you never know!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

i wouldnt lose hope. last year people got them as late as 4/5 days after. at that poster said "most." Fingers crossed, you never know!
Had mine late last week. I feel like my application could have been sent to the bottom of the pile because apparently they've had like 30+ CB's a day this week (there was 1 or 2 other people there when I had my CB), but realistically, I'm not optimistic about my chances.

Skump

New

Post by Skump » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Skump wrote:Two day turnaround time here. I got an offer this morning. My callback was on Monday.
School?
Penn

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Any more news here?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Also, any idea how long it takes to get an official offer letter/email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Offer a few weeks ago (pre-OCI) but I'm glad I haven't gotten an email. I assume it's intentional--done to not to put any unnecessary deadlines on people before they have all of their offers. Which just makes me love them more...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Offer a few weeks ago (pre-OCI) but I'm glad I haven't gotten an email. I assume it's intentional--done to not to put any unnecessary deadlines on people before they have all of their offers. Which just makes me love them more...
Is it 28 days from when you get the letter, or from when you get the call? Because if the former, that's fucking terrific, since I don't have any more CBs for over a week and got my offer Tuesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer a few weeks ago (pre-OCI) but I'm glad I haven't gotten an email. I assume it's intentional--done to not to put any unnecessary deadlines on people before they have all of their offers. Which just makes me love them more...
Is it 28 days from when you get the letter, or from when you get the call? Because if the former, that's fucking terrific, since I don't have any more CBs for over a week and got my offer Tuesday.
Different anon, but based on the date the hiring partner mentioned in the call, it looks like 28 days from call, not letter.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Different anon, but based on the date the hiring partner mentioned in the call, it looks like 28 days from call, not letter.
Yeah, that was absolutely the impression I got. Oh well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:25 am

When receiving the offer in person I was told I had 28 days from that point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah, that was absolutely the impression I got. Oh well.
I'm the OP and wasn't told anything in person. I should probably assume the rule applies to me too, right?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:When receiving the offer in person I was told I had 28 days from that point.
Same here

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When receiving the offer in person I was told I had 28 days from that point.
Same here
+1

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Had my CB late last week (Th/F). Just got a rejection letter by snail mail. :( No real surprise, but still a big disappointment. Was dated the 20th, FWIW.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had my CB late last week (Th/F). Just got a rejection letter by snail mail. :( No real surprise, but still a big disappointment. Was dated the 20th, FWIW.
Stats? And how did you feel about the interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Anyone With an interview in the NY office yesterday 8/22 get an offer? If so, when? On the spot or today?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Interview Thursday 8/22. Have not heard back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interview Thursday 8/22. Have not heard back.
Comforting me too. They seemed crazy busy yesterday. What did they tell you regarding hearing from them post cb?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interview Thursday 8/22. Have not heard back.
Comforting me too. They seemed crazy busy yesterday. What did they tell you regarding hearing from them post cb?
Didn't ask when I'd hear back, and they didn't mention it. I wonder if they ever do it on the weekend?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 am

I got an offer this afternoon (Friday afternoon). Interviewed on Wednesday. NYC. good luck to those who are still waiting!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Just to clear this up: I'm sure we've all got the letter by now, but it's 28 days from the day after the letter is dated.

onehellofaride

New

Post by onehellofaride » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just to clear this up: I'm sure we've all got the letter by now, but it's 28 days from the day after the letter is dated.
Haven't actually received any letter yet. Got the offer in person on Tuesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 am

onehellofaride wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just to clear this up: I'm sure we've all got the letter by now, but it's 28 days from the day after the letter is dated.

Three weeks ago, no letter. Just double checked. If it's 28 days after the offer letter, I think they're doing me a favor on purpose (which is awesome)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
onehellofaride wrote:

Three weeks ago, no letter. Just double checked. If it's 28 days after the offer letter, I think they're doing me a favor on purpose (which is awesome)
My letter was dated the day I got the call. I think yours just might have gotten lost in the mail.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”