Taking Care of a Pet While Working

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Taking Care of a Pet While Working

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Not sure if this is the right area to ask this question, but anyone out there working as an attorney or any other full-time position that also has a dog? I'm about to start working full-time in a few days, and I am researching options for taking care of my dog/trying to get an idea of what is a reasonable monthly amount to pay for dog care. Right now I'm noticing a lot of places will charge around $20 just to take the dog on one 30-min walk. I also found a cageless boarding place that'll do full days for $25/day. For any pet owners out there, is $25/day or about $480/month very expensive for pet care?

bk1

Re: Taking Care of a Pet While Working

Postby bk1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 pm

I know a lot of dog-owning attorneys use doggy day care. Not sure how much it runs them.

wiscohopeful

Re: Taking Care of a Pet While Working

Postby wiscohopeful » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Sounds about right to me. I have a dog and work full time. I mix up dog walking (we have an independent, not a big company) and she charges 15 for a 45 minute walk. We also use a day care for twice a week at 21 a day. The website is posted at 25 but if you buy days in bulk you typically get a discount.

Best of luck...we have two people at my home and we still sometimes are rushing to pick up by the the day care closes. Its way worth it when they finally get to see you everyday tho

Return to “Legal Employment”