couldn't leveraging CBs hurt? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

couldn't leveraging CBs hurt?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:10 pm

I know people say it's good to call up a firm and say you're going to be in town for other callbacks for a certain time period with the hope that they'll call you in. But couldn't it hurt also? I was thinking, what if a firm looks at their schedule and sees that they have no openings for that week. Wouldn't they be less likely to call you back all together since they feel pressured to call you back during your one "free week" and since they don't have availabilities and that's the "only time your free" then it won't work out. Whereas if you don't do all this, the firm won't have a particular week they feel pressured to fit you in to and thus will be much more open to finding time for you.

I know technically the week you'll be in town is not your only "free week" because you can go back at another time too but wouldn't the firm be a little inclined to see it that way subconsciously. I just feel like if you give them a specific week, and if they can't fit you into that week, they'll be less inclined to call you back rather than if you didn't give them a specific week at all. It just feels risky to give a specific week, when you're not even sure if they have openings that week.

fxb

New

Re: couldn't leveraging CBs hurt?

Post by fxb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:18 pm

No. You are way overthinking this.
Last edited by fxb on Thu May 08, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: couldn't leveraging CBs hurt?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wouldn't they be less likely to call you back all together since they feel pressured to call you back during your one "free week" and since they don't have availabilities and that's the "only time your free" then it won't work out.
Why would they assume this? You don't say that's the only time I'm free ever. You're communicating "my callback will be cheaper during that period of time because you'll get to split with other firms for the travel costs to and from there." Not "this is the only time I can possibly meet."

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”