Any firms that mail callback invitations? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any firms that mail callback invitations?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Has anyone heard of firms that send callback invites through regular mail? I'm out of town this week and was wondering if I should be concerned about missing a letter.

I know usually it's just bad news through the mail and good news over phone or email, but after getting a post-callback ding via phone call and having a different firm tell me they would contact me by mail (maybe I was already dinged?), I realized there's some firms that don't stick to the typical contact methods.

Anonymous User

Re: Any firms that mail callback invitations?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard of firms that send callback invites through regular mail? I'm out of town this week and was wondering if I should be concerned about missing a letter.

I know usually it's just bad news through the mail and good news over phone or email, but after getting a post-callback ding via phone call and having a different firm tell me they would contact me by mail (maybe I was already dinged?), I realized there's some firms that don't stick to the typical contact methods.
I was offered an on-the-spot callback, but also told that if I lost the card that the interviewer gave me, it would be okay, since they'll also mail out the information on scheduling a CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Fitzpatrick, Cella mailed callbacks in the past, but I'm not sure if they still do.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm

I've heard of it. Open your mail.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Hughes Hubbard (at least for me) called me to say they wanted me to come to a callback but didn't give me the information about how to schedule it over the phone. I got a letter a few days later with the recruiting office's phone number.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard of firms that send callback invites through regular mail? I'm out of town this week and was wondering if I should be concerned about missing a letter.

Day Pitney. Thought the letter was a ding, but it was an invitation to do a callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Fitzpatrick, Cella mailed callbacks in the past, but I'm not sure if they still do.
Received a phone call CB from them this year but maybe they will follow up with a letter...

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Lowenstein Sandler does snail mail CBs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:02 am

crap I have my old address on my resume because I don't have a new address yet (still looking for a place). Should I contact firms to let them know there's a change of address, and just give my parents address or something?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Fitzpatrick, Cella mailed callbacks in the past, but I'm not sure if they still do.
Received a phone call CB from them this year but maybe they will follow up with a letter...
They emailed me. Almost got a heart attack thinking it was a rejection.

BostonLove

New

Post by BostonLove » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:crap I have my old address on my resume because I don't have a new address yet (still looking for a place). Should I contact firms to let them know there's a change of address, and just give my parents address or something?
If you can't get mail at your old address, yes. I've received a few letters from firms that didn't convey the information any other way. Of course, I wouldn't update twice. Maybe update now to your parents and have your parents give you any mail after you move.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”