Straight Ps from Harvard/Stanford?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Straight Ps from Harvard/Stanford?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:53 am

How does this bode for big law employment? I literally got no Hs during my 1L year and am worried that it will mess up my chances of getting offers. I would really appreciate any advice for how to get offers in spite of my less than average transcript, preferably offers in corporate law. Also, how do you think my low grades will affect my chances for consulting jobs? I wouldn't mind doing consulting. I would rather not work at a small or medium sized firm if I can help it. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Straight Ps from Harvard/Stanford?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:31 am

With straight Ps you should get an offer from at least one firm. People with LPs at H get jobs so I do not see why you wouldn't. OCI is not as predictive as law school apps so just go in prepared, that's all you can really do at this point.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:14 pm

If you're at Harvard you already finished EIP and know how many callbacks you've received.

So assuming you're at Stanford, I would say just be reasonable about who you bid on. I just finished EIP with 1H and all P's otherwise, and left with ~10 callbacks. Granted, I have not heard from any V20 firms (or at least positive news). Be realistic, don't be a prestige whore, and prepare for your interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
So assuming you're at Stanford, I would say just be reasonable about who you bid on. I just finished EIP with 1H and all P's otherwise, and left with ~10 callbacks. Granted, I have not heard from any V20 firms (or at least positive news). Be realistic, don't be a prestige whore, and prepare for your interviews.

Any Stanford people willing to weigh on in this?

Return to “Legal Employment”