Skadden callback to offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:08 am

I have had two cbs in two different offices.

Does anything in the tea leaves suggest that there could be a delay in NY for that reason?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have had two cbs in two different offices.

Does anything in the tea leaves suggest that there could be a delay in NY for that reason?


I'm in the exact same position. Delay in hearing from NY, and I'm praying this is why (but not convinced).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have had two cbs in two different offices.

Does anything in the tea leaves suggest that there could be a delay in NY for that reason?


I'm in the exact same position. Delay in hearing from NY, and I'm praying this is why (but not convinced).



Same here.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:52 am

Any Boston offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:24 pm

any 3Ls on this thread?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Snail mail ding from NY (super saturday). It was pretty much a given after this long.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Anything else from NY Fantastic Friday, or has that ship sailed?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything else from NY Fantastic Friday, or has that ship sailed?


Some people heard today. I didn't, and I interviewed last week (but not Friday).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anything else from NY Fantastic Friday, or has that ship sailed?


Some people heard today. I didn't, and I interviewed last week (but not Friday).


i interviewed on friday, and silence. i know another person who interviewed on friday and got an offer. i've also heard of people who have gotten dings. so who knows. right now, i'm operating under the assumption that i haven't yet been rejected. that being said, i realistically don't have much hope.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anything else from NY Fantastic Friday, or has that ship sailed?


Some people heard today. I didn't, and I interviewed last week (but not Friday).


i interviewed on friday, and silence. i know another person who interviewed on friday and got an offer. i've also heard of people who have gotten dings. so who knows. right now, i'm operating under the assumption that i haven't yet been rejected. that being said, i realistically don't have much hope.


Do you people who interviewed on Friday and already got dings?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anything else from NY Fantastic Friday, or has that ship sailed?


Some people heard today. I didn't, and I interviewed last week (but not Friday).


i interviewed on friday, and silence. i know another person who interviewed on friday and got an offer. i've also heard of people who have gotten dings. so who knows. right now, i'm operating under the assumption that i haven't yet been rejected. that being said, i realistically don't have much hope.


Do you people who interviewed on Friday and already got dings?


anon from above. no, but i saw someone post here about a ding from the saturday interview. strange if they got a ding from saturday but i haven't yet gotten one from friday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any 3Ls on this thread?


I'm a 3L waiting to hear something from them. Have you heard anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:04 pm

People have already got e-mail dings??

It's been a week since my interview and absolutely nothing...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:People have already got e-mail dings??

It's been a week since my interview and absolutely nothing...


The ding that was reported here was by snail mail and was from Super Saturday, which was on 8/17.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:55 pm

anyone who interviewed tuesday hear anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone who interviewed tuesday hear anything?


Got an offer today (interviewed LAST tuesday)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:05 am

Also, they're doing offer dinners tomorrow and Thursday...so that could be read as them having given out all the offers, but keep hope alive until the rejection letter is in your hand.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
anon from above. no, but i saw someone post here about a ding from the saturday interview. strange if they got a ding from saturday but i haven't yet gotten one from friday.


Why? Super Saturday was a week before Fantastic Friday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:04 am

Got an offer from the Chicago office last night, following a Saturday CB (8/24).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any 3Ls on this thread?


I'm a 3L waiting to hear something from them. Have you heard anything?


No. Had an in office screener a while ago and was told I would hear back really fast. Others were dinged, but no word yet for me. How about you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any 3Ls on this thread?


I'm a 3L waiting to hear something from them. Have you heard anything?


No. Had an in office screener a while ago and was told I would hear back really fast. Others were dinged, but no word yet for me. How about you?


Same boat as you. In-office screener with one associate and silence since then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any 3Ls on this thread?


I'm a 3L waiting to hear something from them. Have you heard anything?


No. Had an in office screener a while ago and was told I would hear back really fast. Others were dinged, but no word yet for me. How about you?


Same boat as you. In-office screener with one associate and silence since then.


Have you tried to follow up, or just sitting tight? I have seen on other threads it can be a slow-moving timeframe

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Wilmington cb last week, offer today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Think they'll do another round of NY offers or are snail mail dings more likely on the way?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273422
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden callback to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wilmington cb last week, offer today.


Congrats. Thought the hiring committee wasn't meeting until next week...time to worry, I guess.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.