Callback dates: early/late Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback dates: early/late

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Does your callback date matter? Should I be worried if it seems like I have a later callback date than other people who interviewed at the same time? Or is it just a matter of when you get called and when the firm has availability?

bk1

Diamond

Re: Callback dates: early/late

Post by bk1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 pm

You should do your callbacks as soon as humanly possible. If your callback is later because that's the only time the firm can schedule it then don't worry about it because you can't change that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:16 pm

How late could too late become? A week after they start? I'm considering doing 2 callbacks a day to avoid pushing too far into late august/september - people always advise against this, but at this point, wouldn't it be more efficient?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How late could too late become? A week after they start? I'm considering doing 2 callbacks a day to avoid pushing too far into late august/september - people always advise against this, but at this point, wouldn't it be more efficient?
Nobody knows when "too late" is. It's the point where they give out enough offers that they expect their class to fill up and nobody can predict that point (and it varies from firm to firm and market to market).

My inclination is that doing 2 a days is not worth the compressed timeline since doing 2 callbacks in a day is draining and your second one will likely suffer because of it. But others may disagree.

Icculus

Silver

Post by Icculus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:31 pm

bk187 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How late could too late become? A week after they start? I'm considering doing 2 callbacks a day to avoid pushing too far into late august/september - people always advise against this, but at this point, wouldn't it be more efficient?
Nobody knows when "too late" is. It's the point where they give out enough offers that they expect their class to fill up and nobody can predict that point (and it varies from firm to firm and market to market).

My inclination is that doing 2 a days is not worth the compressed timeline since doing 2 callbacks in a day is draining and your second one will likely suffer because of it. But others may disagree.
If at all possible avoid doing this. Call backs are draining, one a day is plenty.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:50 pm

It seems that most firms have hiring committees who meet every week. Responses are out the next week, so you should probably get your callbacks done in the first two weeks from when they start doing CBs, I do agree though that you shouldn't sacrifice your quality of performance by doing two in one day. It may not seem like a lot, but one CB is mentally exhausting on its own, and having to remain excited for 6 straight hours is pretty tough, not to mention the scheduling problems because your first callback will invariably run long.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:56 pm

If you have so many CBs that you need 2X a days to get them all in, you shouldn't worry about being too late. The only way you fuck that up is if you are a shit interviewer, and 2x's would make you worse.

NJPitcher

Bronze

Post by NJPitcher » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Desert Fox wrote:If you have so many CBs that you need 2X a days to get them all in, you shouldn't worry about being too late. The only way you fuck that up is if you are a shit interviewer, and 2x's would make you worse.
I mean it could be that firm A only has monday of this week open, and then no opening until 2 weeks from now, and OP has already scheduled a CB for firm B on that Monday. Or firm A has M/W, and OP has already scheduled M/W. Point is OP could be facing this problem with only 3 or 4 CBs total.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:00 pm

NJPitcher wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:If you have so many CBs that you need 2X a days to get them all in, you shouldn't worry about being too late. The only way you fuck that up is if you are a shit interviewer, and 2x's would make you worse.
I mean it could be that firm A only has monday of this week open, and then no opening until 2 weeks from now, and OP has already scheduled a CB for firm B on that Monday. Or firm A has M/W, and OP has already scheduled M/W. Point is OP could be facing this problem with only 3 or 4 CBs total.
True.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:07 pm

knock them out ASAP, rolling classes can pwn you if you wait too long

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:40 pm

I have a CB scheduled for September 4th but I got a voice mail just now asking if I wanted to move it to this Wednesday, but at 5pm (two hours after I'll be done with another CB). What should I do?

Old Gregg

Platinum

Post by Old Gregg » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a CB scheduled for September 4th but I got a voice mail just now asking if I wanted to move it to this Wednesday, but at 5pm (two hours after I'll be done with another CB). What should I do?
Just do it.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have a CB scheduled for September 4th but I got a voice mail just now asking if I wanted to move it to this Wednesday, but at 5pm (two hours after I'll be done with another CB). What should I do?
Just do it.

Old Gregg

Platinum

Post by Old Gregg » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:23 pm

bk187 wrote:You should do your callbacks as soon as humanly possible. If your callback is later because that's the only time the firm can schedule it then don't worry about it because you can't change that.
This is 100% correct and should be the end of the thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”