Cb arrangement annoyance

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cb arrangement annoyance

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:21 am

Do others share my feeling that legal recruiters handling cb travel dates etc are not the nicest or responsive? Have been calling one recruiter for a whole day to pick a cb date, always get voicemail. Left two messages, no response. Why don't they just use emails?

Anonymous User

Re: Cb arrangement annoyance

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:31 am

poor you. but yes, ive found that

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do others share my feeling that legal recruiters handling cb travel dates etc are not the nicest or responsive? Have been calling one recruiter for a whole day to pick a cb date, always get voicemail. Left two messages, no response. Why don't they just use emails?

I had this happen too. Call the main number and ask to be connected to"recruiting". You'll get someone.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:27 am

They're dealing with dozens of people just like you. Leave a voicemail and then give them a day, don't call all day long.

fxb

Postby fxb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 am

Calm down. During on-campus season recruiting offices have a lot of other things to do rather than sit by the phone.
Last edited by fxb on Thu May 08, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:20 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:They're dealing with dozens of people just like you. Leave a voicemail and then give them a day, don't call all day long.

This. If I saw a number popping up on my caller ID all day long when I'm busy with a million other things (unless it was a client or a partner), I'd be pissed off. Don't do that. Leave once voicemail, maybe send one email (starting with "I just left you a voicemail as well but wanted to check in about a callback date...") and then WAIT, at least 48, maybe 72 hours. Don't be the annoying kid, or you'll get a date at the end of September.

Return to “Legal Employment”