Callback Timetable

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 pm

So I know to schedule my callbacks asap and have been doing so. I called back one of my top choice firms (in NYC) to set up the callback interview a mere few hours after I got the CB and the earliest they can get me in is second week of September...seems kinda late to me, but again I don't know enough about this process.

Anyone wanna weigh in on the CB schedule timeline...kinda worried about the rolling nature of offers and getting screwed by scheduling.

Anonymous User

Re: Callback Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I know to schedule my callbacks asap and have been doing so. I called back one of my top choice firms (in NYC) to set up the callback interview a mere few hours after I got the CB and the earliest they can get me in is second week of September...seems kinda late to me, but again I don't know enough about this process.

Anyone wanna weigh in on the CB schedule timeline...kinda worried about the rolling nature of offers and getting screwed by scheduling.

I scheduled with a firm that isn't starting CBs until early September, so maybe the firm in question isn't starting until later or isn't having many until then.

Icculus

Re: Callback Timetable

Postby Icculus » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I know to schedule my callbacks asap and have been doing so. I called back one of my top choice firms (in NYC) to set up the callback interview a mere few hours after I got the CB and the earliest they can get me in is second week of September...seems kinda late to me, but again I don't know enough about this process.

If they can only get you in then what do you propose to do to change it? Sometimes you have no control. I mean, you're not going to order the firm to take you sooner. Take the first slot they have and that's that.

Return to “Legal Employment”