JAG Acceptance Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JAGHopeful15

New

JAG Acceptance

Post by JAGHopeful15 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm in my 3rd year (part-time) at a low ranked school and in the middle of my class. I had a rough start to school with a parent passing away during first semester finals. Later semester grades are great, but overall gpa not so much. I have no military connections. I haven't volunteered much since high school. I worked full-time while attending college full time, and still work full time while going to law school. I have almost 10 years of experience working in law firms as a paralegal. How helpful would that be if I have good recommendations from professors/judge/attorneys, a A writing sample, a good motivational statement and also interview well? I know JAG is very competitive, but I've also read that persistence pays off and chances of being accepted during the 2nd or 3rd selection boards is greatly increased. Would I have any chance at all or is it a complete waste of time to go through the application process?

Anonymous User

Re: JAG Acceptance

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Glad you're interested. I'm interested in this route as well. Check this out for more information: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =3&t=31543

jmls1987

Bronze

Re: JAG Acceptance

Post by jmls1987 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Glad you're interested. I'm interested in this route as well. Check this out for more information: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =3&t=31543
You definitely have a shot if your are motivated, in shape, and can answer questions of why you want to join JAG Corps. Obviously, Army is the largest branch and will give you the best shot. I would try all of them if I were you. As a current First Lieutenant and law student, JAG is a great option...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”