Law school career services offices

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Paul Campos

Law school career services offices

Postby Paul Campos » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:36 pm

The purpose of this thread is to elicit feedback on law school career services offices.

Format:

(1) Your law school and your current class status or your year of graduation, i.e., 2L, 3L, 2009.

(2) Your overall evaluation of the quality of your school's CSO, on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 being useless and 10 being superb. (Negative numbers can be employed to express the view that your CSO is or was actively detrimental to your job search).

(3) What does/did your CSO do well? What does/did it do badly?

(4) What would you recommend your law school do, if anything, to improve its CSO?

(5) Any other comments you'd like to make.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: PM's are encouraged from people who prefer not to post in the thread.
Last edited by Paul Campos on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz

Re: Law school career services offices

Postby rad lulz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Mind if I PM?

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Also what are you gonna do with this info?

Paul Campos

Postby Paul Campos » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Just gathering info on what has become an expensive and controversial part of law school budgets (25 years ago CSOs barely existed outside the elite schools).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:08 pm

They're a complete waste of space.
I'm a nontrad with 10+ years experience.

Résumé critique consisted of telling me to include the months for start/end date of jobs, as well as cuts to my résumé that I believe would be harmful. Ignored then, git a shirliad if screeners based on my résumé, outperforming a classmate with a GPA half a point higher than mine

Make an appointment to discuss OCI bids. Get the same bad advice about changing by resume. Get told to change my bid list because my grades aren't good enough. Ignored them completely. Picked up screeners off 9 out of 10 firms I was advised to drop

Return to “Legal Employment”