Why you chose your firm thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Why you chose your firm thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Can we have message thread going on where people say which firm they chose and why/ explain their decision process. For instance I chose Clifford because I wanted a collegial international law firm... blah blah (I did not actually chose clifford, I am only in the prepping for interview stage). I think this will be helpful for people going through OCI and for people deciding between firms. Hopefully thos eof you who have secured a SA can get this going

Anonymous User

Re: Why you chose your firm thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Can junior associates play too?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can junior associates play too?

Duh

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:00 pm

guess this thread failed :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:08 pm

I chose my firm because I got exactly one offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I chose my firm because I got exactly one offer.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is he most common answer. Possible variations include only firm paying market rate, or only firm in my preferred market

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:38 am

I'm at Paul, Weiss DC. I chose it because I was looking for a place where I could get a ton of trial experience and where I'd have good partner mentors and a solid quality of life (small office of a big firm = great resources and cases but less of a miserable working pace). The whole thing has been true-to-advertisement so far...I've been to trial three times, two of those trials went all the way to verdict, and overall I've found this to be a great working environment with partners who actually know who I am and care about where I want my career to go.

This probably would have been a bad choice if I wanted to stay somewhere for ten years and make partner (TBF, most of biglaw is a bad choice if this is your plan), but for what I want it's pretty perfect.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm at Paul, Weiss DC. I chose it because I was looking for a place where I could get a ton of trial experience and where I'd have good partner mentors and a solid quality of life (small office of a big firm = great resources and cases but less of a miserable working pace). The whole thing has been true-to-advertisement so far...I've been to trial three times, two of those trials went all the way to verdict, and overall I've found this to be a great working environment with partners who actually know who I am and care about where I want my career to go.

This probably would have been a bad choice if I wanted to stay somewhere for ten years and make partner (TBF, most of biglaw is a bad choice if this is your plan), but for what I want it's pretty perfect.

as far as you know is the whole trial thing true at Paul Weis NY also?

Return to “Legal Employment”