OCI/Callback Interviewer Taking Questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: OCI/Callback Interviewer Taking Questions

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:04 am

Just wanted to pop in to say that career services told my year that behavioral questions were very rare in law interviews, and if they would show up at all, they would be in the screener.

I got at least one behavioral question on EVERY SINGLE ONE of my callbacks. One of them included 30 minutes of behavioral questions straight. I don't know if (a) my career services is just full of shit or (b) behavioral questions are on the rise, but I was definitely blindsided by this. I prepared a little bit for behavioral questions, but not enough to handle 30 minutes straight. (dinged from that callback, btw).

Anonymous User

Re: OCI/Callback Interviewer Taking Questions

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:43 pm

I got a phone screener with a V50's satellite office in DC. Obviously this is fairly late in the recruiting process and I have offers (from less desirable firms) that are set to expire in a few weeks. And my experience with DC branch offices thus far is that they take forever and a day to get back to you after a CB.

If this screener pans out, I'd have a very limited amount of time to convert it to an offer if I'm to have an opportunity to accept it. So my question is, should I bring that fact up during the screener? Is it fairly certain that the interviewer will already know this? Even if he doesn't, would bringing it up hurt my chances?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”