Asking an interviewer to squeeze you in?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Asking an interviewer to squeeze you in?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:53 pm

In a screener last week, the interviewer asked if I was interviewing with any other offices of the firm. I mentioned that I was an alternate with the Chicago office at OCI and she suggested that I go early and ask the interviewer if he/she can squeeze me in. Has anyone done this with success? If so exactly how did you go about it, and did you feel that being an alternate was at all relevant?

Thanks

Anonymous User

Re: Asking an interviewer to squeeze you in?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:37 pm

i would email someone ahead of time. If not, then yes go.

Beachbum89

Postby Beachbum89 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:53 pm

I've tried this twice this week with firms I bid on bit didnt get an interview through the lottery. Earlier this week I just waited outside the interview room around the time I knew they were finishing for the day and just asked if they could stay and interview me and they said yes. Today I tried the same thing and they took my résumé and transcript but wouldn't stay to interview me. As long as you're nice about asking you have nothing to lose. The worst they can say is no.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Beachbum89 wrote:I've tried this twice this week with firms I bid on bit didnt get an interview through the lottery. Earlier this week I just waited outside the interview room around the time I knew they were finishing for the day and just asked if they could stay and interview me and they said yes. Today I tried the same thing and they took my résumé and transcript but wouldn't stay to interview me. As long as you're nice about asking you have nothing to lose. The worst they can say is no.

I tried this as well and the interviewer took my resume and said he'd take a look.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:28 pm

If you're really desperate ask your CSO. Mine added me to a couple schedules last year and the firms were fine with it.

Return to “Legal Employment”