Bidding on Multiple Offices - Houston and Dallas

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bidding on Multiple Offices - Houston and Dallas

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:36 pm

I already interviewed with a firm's Houston office during a regional job fair. That firm is now coming to my school's OCI, and I would also be interested in working in the Dallas office. Given that I have ties to both cities, would it be okay for me to also interview with the Dallas office?

Re: Bidding on Multiple Offices - Houston and Dallas

Postby unlicensedpotato » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Short Answer: Yes, definitely. In my experience the firm will sort this out on its own. Or you could end up with an opportunity to split between the two offices if you wanted.

Longer Answer: Depending on your GPA, law school, ties to Texas, etc., some people will say you may be better off focusing your employment search on one of the two cities (usually Houston). They worry that neither office will think you genuinely want to be there. In your case, particularly because the interviews are in different settings (job fair vs. OCI) I think you should be good interviewing with both.

Return to “Legal Employment”