SA — In • Out • ? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

In • Out • ?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:12 am

Offered
62%
No Offered
22%
Still Waiting for outcome
16%

Total votes: 147

Anonymous User

Re: SA — In • Out • ?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offered...But placed in a different office :? :| :roll:
wtf... did they ever talk to you about moving you to a different office before the offer? how far are the offices from each other?

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 am

The partner assigned to formally announce offers is out today! Unreal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:03 pm

still waiting to hear back... sigh

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:still waiting to hear back... sigh
Ditto. I was supposed to hear by last week at the latest. Oh well, relaxing and prepping for other interviews until then. :)

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Anyone here had to wait 10 days (from your final SA day) for a decision? If so how did it turn out?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:21 pm

J. D. wrote:Anyone here had to wait 10 days (from your final SA day) for a decision? If so how did it turn out?
LOL, do you think anything you get in response to this question will be at all helpful?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:25 pm

justonemoregame wrote:0L, voted
:lol:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:30 pm

J. D. wrote:Anyone here had to wait 10 days (from your final SA day) for a decision? If so how did it turn out?
Have you not read any of this thread? tons of people are complaining about waiting two weeks after summer. I'm personally finished waiting for my third week. It's fine.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:32 pm

This might be silly, but does anyone know if no-offers ever go out via snail mail? It seems kinda douchey, but I was just curious if anyone had heard anything about that. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 am

Finally, offer arrived yesterday! OP needs to re-do this poll, I think I am [one of] the last to receive a decision. Probably 0% are still waiting. Also, IMW, almost no one was no-offered.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:31 pm

J. D. wrote:Finally, offer arrived yesterday! OP needs to re-do this poll, I think I am [one of] the last to receive a decision. Probably 0% are still waiting. Also, IMW, almost no one was no-offered.

I don't think you're close to the last still waiting...I'm still waiting. So are a lot of kids I go to school with.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
J. D. wrote:Finally, offer arrived yesterday! OP needs to re-do this poll, I think I am [one of] the last to receive a decision. Probably 0% are still waiting. Also, IMW, almost no one was no-offered.

I don't think you're close to the last still waiting...I'm still waiting. So are a lot of kids I go to school with.
Have lots of well known firms still not given out full-time offers yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The number of no offers here seems shockingly high. A third?? What the fuck.

I get it with the self selection but still...
ITE is back with a vengeance. Nobody is even talking about how many firms aren't guaranteeing 160k in their offer letters.
Quinn's offer lettter says they don't know what starting salary will be. just lol at what this profession has become.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Very surprised by that.

By the time I had completed my first ten SA weeks nearly everyone I knew had received an offer. Then we were asked to stay over another two weeks and at that point I knew of only two classmates who had not been offered. Then two weeks later everyone I knew had their offer. Even the OCI V group I interviewed with made me an offer before my SA firm chimed in. That’s why I assumed everyone everywhere had been offered. BTW: I have not heard of anyone (personally or through friends) that was no-offered.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Have lots of well known firms still not given out full-time offers yet?

Mine's vault 50 and I haven't heard...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Vault 50 still waiting...this is obnoxious. Oh well, I'm traveling for two interviews this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Still waiting for my V100 firm as well. Been 3 weeks but I was told last week we would hear back about an offer this week. So presumably it could be any day now...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Vault 50 still waiting...this is obnoxious. Oh well, I'm traveling for two interviews this week.
Good.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Worked at 2 firms this summer. Neither has made offers yet. One V50, one boutique.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Worked at 2 firms this summer. Neither has made offers yet. One V50, one boutique.

Well, hopefully the waiting ends soon. I don't know about you, but I've gone from antsy to kind of not caring/thinking that it will come. I've started interviewing, and I'm just focusing on those.

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:55 pm

I have a friend who received his offer two weeks ago, but still nothing in writing. Is that unusual or perhaps SOP for some firms?

I think this falls under the “it’s always something” column.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:12 pm

J. D. wrote:I have a friend who received his offer two weeks ago, but still nothing in writing. Is that unusual or perhaps SOP for some firms?

There have always been rumors that this is how some firms cold offer. They then claim, hey, he never accepted our offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
J. D. wrote:I have a friend who received his offer two weeks ago, but still nothing in writing. Is that unusual or perhaps SOP for some firms?

There have always been rumors that this is how some firms cold offer. They then claim, hey, he never accepted our offer.
Got an oral offer by phone one week after SA ended. Written offer arrived 3 weeks later (for me as well as at least two others I was in contact with). 1000+ attorney firm with officers all over the globe, major/primary legal market.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Got an oral offer by phone one week after SA ended. Written offer arrived 3 weeks later (for me as well as at least two others I was in contact with). 1000+ attorney firm with officers all over the globe, major/primary legal market.
Well you did eventually get it. Not a cold offer.

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

I do not think it has anything to do with a cold offer but rather just wanting to know if there are any “fine print” surprises.

We heard that one firm unexpectedly upped their salaries by $10K (one report said $15K). I read somewhere on TLS that one firm left the salary TBD. At this point all the firm’s delay accomplishes is fuel unnecessary questions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”