The Legal Market for Entry Levels is not Improving, Fyi

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stuckinthemiddle

Re: The Legal Market for Entry Levels is not Improving, Fyi

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:14 pm

THANK YOU.

sener212

Postby sener212 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:16 pm

RodneyRuxin wrote:
sener212 wrote:
RodneyRuxin wrote:I am so sick of these stupid fucking threads sharing stupid fucking articles started by some aspie OP with <30 posts.

Why do people respond?

I'm sorry I don't post enough on TLS for you.

My guess is people (at least initially) responded because the article has some interesting, and very up-to-date, information about the legal market for large law firms. But what the hell was I thinking posting that kind of thing in the Legal Employment Forum? It's just so ridiculous and stupid. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry let me rephrase. If school hasn't started yet, and you're still a 0L (which I'm guessing is the case considering you're posting in the class of 2016 northwestern thread) then GTFO of the employment forum.

I'm a 3L at NU. I casually followed this site during the first two years of law school.

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:30 pm

sener212 wrote:
I'm a 3L at NU. I casually followed this site during the first two years of law school.

Fair enough. Though I don't find it hard for someone with <10 posts to construct a fake identity so they can post in the employment forum, I think this thread is otherwise bad because 1) it tells us something we already know (see the ATL article that came out today), 2) You keep responding to people's posts trying to desperately keep it alive, and 3) besides those naively feeding the obvious troll (as I'm doing now) the only people posting in here are fucking around.

sener212

Postby sener212 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 pm

RodneyRuxin wrote:
sener212 wrote:

Fair enough. Though I don't find it hard for someone with <10 posts to construct a fake identity so they can post in the employment forum, I think this thread is otherwise bad because 1) it tells us something we already know (see the ATL article that came out today), 2) You keep responding to people's posts trying to desperately keep it alive, and 3) besides those naively feeding the obvious troll (as I'm doing now) the only people posting in here are fucking around.

Fine. Just thought it was a relevant article for the forum... looking around the forum I really didn't think the standards were so high as to make sharing this article so stupid. And if you're really that concerned that I'm not a 3L, pm me and I'll give you my school email to verify... geez.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:47 pm

OP: Sorry about that. All the signs of troll were there (new account, bad topic, argumentative) so I made an assumption. Feel free to carry on if you wish.

sener212

Postby sener212 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:49 pm

RodneyRuxin wrote:OP: Sorry about that. All the signs of troll were there (new account, bad topic, argumentative) so I made an assumption. Feel free to carry on if you wish.

Thanks. No problem.

sener212

Postby sener212 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Jsa725 wrote:OP, do you have a job lined up... or still looking?

Accepted biglaw gig post-SA.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

190proof

Postby 190proof » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 pm

hashashin wrote:Yes, but his experience with the deceit that he despises derives from his stint as a teacher at Colorado

Actually Campos wrote quite a few articles about the misleading data from his alma mater (Michigan). He wrote quite a bit about all of the school funded fellowships that enabled them to mislead about their job stats 9 months after graduation. There was/is quite a bit of that going on in the top 20 law schools to inflate their job stats.

hashashin wrote: (if I'm not mistaken, the critical moment for him was when one of his students committed suicide b/c of his despair at the debt and prospect of perpetual unemployment entailed by Colorado). I think that, while much of what Campos tried to do was positive, it had the effect of legitimizing a lot of meaningless drivel as well e.g. TTT grads like Nando/JDU folk getting off on the fact that T14 grads had a couple of bad years (c/o 2011 for GULC; c/o 2009 for Duke); a lot of that was just unhinged and unconcealed schadenfreude.

While I agree that there is a lot of schadenfreude going on, the brutal fact is that it was mostly accurate.

Return to “Legal Employment”