District Attorneys' Offices 2014

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I appreciate you doing it, but what kind of sample did you use? I figure I'll use the unpublished note I wrote for my journal. I really don't see how doing something like a Charging Document would really suffice since it's just a form where you plug in a new name/information and whatnot.[/quote]

Don't use your note. Use anything where you write as an advocate. If you don't have something from an internship, then you use a brief that you wrote for 1L legal writing. If that isn't an option, use a memo or some kind of neutral piece of writing. Legal employers - especially DA's office - do not want to see whether or not you are a good academic writer. It just doesn't bear on any writing that you'd do if you were hired.

I interviewed at 5-6 DAs offices and my writing sample came up 1 time. Pretty positive that the guy who brought it up hadn't read it either. So don't sweat it too much.[/quote]

I'm the class of 2012 guy. I used a motion response I wrote during my 2L summer. And I will second the above in that it was never mentioned in any interview.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Anyone know why Brooklyn has taken down its pages regarding ADA hiring? The pages were updated just a few weeks ago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know why Brooklyn has taken down its pages regarding ADA hiring? The pages were updated just a few weeks ago.

just came here to post the same thing. link is still active but not linked on the site anymore.
no clue why..i wonder if they are done contacting applicants about sept 2014 yet..

srdayan

Postby srdayan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:04 pm

I just had an interview last week at the Brooklyn DA. He said that they are looking at 100 applicants to fill about 15 spots. The applicants are split between different interviewers who will rank the people they interview. Only the top one or two people ranked will get a second interview.

Did anyone get a call for a second interview?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:11 pm

srdayan wrote:I just had an interview last week at the Brooklyn DA. He said that they are looking at 100 applicants to fill about 15 spots. The applicants are split between different interviewers who will rank the people they interview. Only the top one or two people ranked will get a second interview.

Did anyone get a call for a second interview?

I had my interview 2 weeks ago. Haven't received a call for a second round yet, but I touched base with the hiring coordinator who said that they were aiming to have decisions on second interviews in the next few weeks. Thought my interview went well, but those are tough numbers, so I'm not taking it for granted that I'll get a phone call.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:45 am

Anybody else still waiting on a response from Nassau county?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody else still waiting on a response from Nassau county?

I had my 3rd round interview with Rice back in Dec. and later got an email saying that I was in the final group for consideration but I've pretty much given up hope at this point.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody else still waiting on a response from Nassau county?

I had my 3rd round interview with Rice back in Dec. and later got an email saying that I was in the final group for consideration but I've pretty much given up hope at this point.

Exact same thing. 3rd round in December and that final group email. I called a few weeks ago and I was told that the office was still making decisions. But its mid-June- so I have to imagine that the overwhelming majority of positions are filled...right?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Exact same thing. 3rd round in December and that final group email. I called a few weeks ago and I was told that the office was still making decisions. But its mid-June- so I have to imagine that the overwhelming majority of positions are filled...right?

I had a third round in January, got the final group email and then was rejected about a month and a half ago. No news is good news guys

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:35 am

Did Cook County hire anyone whatsofuckingever from the Class of 2014? Any insight on why their strategy seems to be to wait three months from the end of fourth-round interviews to make hiring decisions?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did Cook County hire anyone whatsofuckingever from the Class of 2014? Any insight on why their strategy seems to be to wait three months from the end of fourth-round interviews to make hiring decisions?

A fellow classmate got hired. She had spent a summer there as an intern.

From a TTTT in IL. She is a minority (if that affects anything).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:56 am

FYI, Queens DA is currently hiring their Spring 2015 class. They are not conducting any new interviews for this class. Instead, they're relying people who they interviewed in Fall 2014, but did not get hired. So far, I know they have about 4 out of 10 spots filled.

Return to “Legal Employment”