District Attorneys' Offices 2014

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Any word on offers or rejections out of Manhattan?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:38 pm

I emailed Cook County asking them when they planned on getting offers out. They responded that they "are anticipating notices to go out at the end of May."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:29 pm

4th round interviews @ Cook County?? I have never heard of this. Who were the interviewers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:37 pm

got contacted for interviews from Norfolk County (MA) and Essex County (MA) this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm

rejected from both suffolk (ny) and nassau today by snail mail. my last two job prospects. good luck to all other applicants, i'll be at a bar until further notice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:rejected from both suffolk (ny) and nassau today by snail mail. my last two job prospects. good luck to all other applicants, i'll be at a bar until further notice.


I'm sorry to hear that. I've been rejected by several DA's offices in the past months, so I know much it sucks. Would you mind sharing how many rounds of interviews you had with Nassau/whether or not you were put in their hold pool?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:rejected from both suffolk (ny) and nassau today by snail mail. my last two job prospects. good luck to all other applicants, i'll be at a bar until further notice.


I'm sorry to hear that. I've been rejected by several DA's offices in the past months, so I know much it sucks. Would you mind sharing how many rounds of interviews you had with Nassau?

three, i was one of the later third rounds, not put on the wait list.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:40 pm

I have a question, having been rejected from Cook. What are some strategies for applying at the small-medium sized DA offices? I believe Cook told me that for last year's class they had a few hundred first round interviews and then whittled it down to a class of hires of 40 or so. What are the best ways to apply to the offices that are smaller and that you may not have had previous connections to?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:18 pm

anyone know anything that is happening at the Bronx?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Any offers/rejections for those placed in the hold group in Nassau?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 am

officially wait-listed at the Bronx last week

objctnyrhnr
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby objctnyrhnr » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:19 pm

anybody hear about any other second interviews from suffolk (ma)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Manhattan DAs during April? Any rejections or 4th rounds? Does anyone know if they are done hiring?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Manhattan DAs during April? Any rejections or 4th rounds? Does anyone know if they are done hiring?


Nope. Haven't heard anything either way.

objctnyrhnr
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby objctnyrhnr » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 pm

any movement from suffolk (MA)? rejections? interview calls?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:34 pm

objctnyrhnr wrote:any movement from suffolk (MA)? rejections? interview calls?

I got rejected last week by snail mail after first interview.

objctnyrhnr
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby objctnyrhnr » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:any movement from suffolk (MA)? rejections? interview calls?

I got rejected last week by snail mail after first interview.


I appreciate your having provided that information here. If you're willing to provide a bit more, though, I want to ask more specifically what day you received the snail-mail rejection?

I am in an odd situation where my first interview was very early, but I have not heard back from them re: rejection or second interview, and I am trying to assess. Is my rejection on the way? Do I have a second interview coming that they haven't gotten to yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 am

objctnyrhnr wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:any movement from suffolk (MA)? rejections? interview calls?

I got rejected last week by snail mail after first interview.


I appreciate your having provided that information here. If you're willing to provide a bit more, though, I want to ask more specifically what day you received the snail-mail rejection?

I am in an odd situation where my first interview was very early, but I have not heard back from them re: rejection or second interview, and I am trying to assess. Is my rejection on the way? Do I have a second interview coming that they haven't gotten to yet?


I received it on Friday. I've been in your boat for other offices, it's frustrating, but try to be patient. Have you contacted them at all? I think one contact a few weeks after an interview won't hurt. That's what I have done for offices that I interviewed with VERY early and didn't hear back for months. I emailed one of them recently with an updated resume and inquired as to the status of my application, saying I was still very much interested etc. They got back to me right away with a very positive response. However, I wouldn't contact again if you already have. Don't wanna be too pushy IMO. Good luck, hope you hear soon, but since I got a rejection I'd consider no news good news!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Anybody hear from Nassau?

campbecj
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:23 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby campbecj » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Does anyone know if Brooklyn/Kings is going to even host interviews? I mean, the bar prep programs are getting ready to start up and I cant see them doing any type of long interview process during that time....has anyone had an indication that they may just freeze hiring for this year and offer no new positions before next year?

I am from out of town so I dont know if those within the NY Community know more...thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:08 pm

campbecj wrote:Does anyone know if Brooklyn/Kings is going to even host interviews? I mean, the bar prep programs are getting ready to start up and I cant see them doing any type of long interview process during that time....has anyone had an indication that they may just freeze hiring for this year and offer no new positions before next year?

I am from out of town so I dont know if those within the NY Community know more...thanks


They re-interviewed the class that was hired under Hynes right before he was booted out. Rumor has it that some of those ADA's were "rehired" if you will and some were not.

The short of it is that none of us (even the NYC locals) have any idea what's going on in that office. However, knowing that the newest ADA's went through a second hiring process, I'm thinking the theory of freeze this year and a restarted hiring process for the 2015 class makes the most sense.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 07, 2014 10:40 am

Has anyone heard anything from Nassau? They were supposed to give out offers by end of April? Someone earlier in the thread said that would stretch into May...wondering if anyone has gotten a response one way or the other

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 08, 2014 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Nassau? They were supposed to give out offers by end of April? Someone earlier in the thread said that would stretch into May...wondering if anyone has gotten a response one way or the other


Got rejected last week. No news is probably good news on your end

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Nassau? They were supposed to give out offers by end of April? Someone earlier in the thread said that would stretch into May...wondering if anyone has gotten a response one way or the other


Got rejected last week. No news is probably good news on your end


Sorry about the rejection. I know the feeling. Hopefully mine isn't en route.

In other news, Brooklyn has started reviewing applications. No timetable on when decisions on interviews will be made.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273531
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In other news, Brooklyn has started reviewing applications. No timetable on when decisions on interviews will be made.


i heard there will be a small class that will start in september 2014..not sure if they will also have a january 2015 class or what




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.