District Attorneys' Offices 2014

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Anyone else make it to the last round in Cook County. Interviewed scheduled today for late February.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Can anyone shed light on the types of questions for Queens 2nd round?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone shed light on the types of questions for Queens 2nd round?

I know someone who went through this round (ended up at Manhattan though), and there were definitely hypos. I can't remember off the top of my head whether there was a panel, but I think I remember that there was (if not in the 2nd, then definitely in the 3rd round). They hypo'd my friend with some kind of police misconduct issue, but apparently didn't understand when she answered that the misconduct was a problem and most likely had to be turned over as impeachment material. She did get a 3rd round, but I don't remember if she got a job offer before she accepted at Manhattan.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else make it to the last round in Cook County. Interviewed scheduled today for late February.

I did too. Scheduled for the last week of February.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone shed light on the types of questions for Queens 2nd round?

There was a two person panel (at least for me-- I know some people had three.)
Typical questions at first-- why DA, why here, what would make me a good Queens ADA.
Search and seizure hypo and then changing up the facts where it was clear it was all illegal and they asked if I would go forward with the case.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Typical questions at first-- why DA, why here, what would make me a good Queens ADA.
Search and seizure hypo and then changing up the facts where it was clear it was all illegal and they asked if I would go forward with the case.

Same anon who asked the original question about 2nd round. I'm wondering now, having had the 2nd round interview, how are people notified of a rejection/acceptance from Queens after the 2nd round? Snail mail? Email?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Same anon who asked the original question about 2nd round. I'm wondering now, having had the 2nd round interview, how are people notified of a rejection/acceptance from Queens after the 2nd round? Snail mail? Email?

Snail mail

I'm learning that with every office (save for Nassau who insists on doing everything by snail mail) mail=bad, calls=good
(of course I could be off base with Brooklyn/Manhattan as I have no experience with either office but that has been my experience with Bronx, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Snail mail

I'm learning that with every office (save for Nassau who insists on doing everything by snail mail) mail=bad, calls=good
(of course I could be off base with Brooklyn/Manhattan as I have no experience with either office but that has been my experience with Bronx, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk)

Thanks for the response. My experience has been the same as yours as far as mail/calls. How long after the second round did you get the letter? I am definitely expecting one, unfortunately.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:There was a two person panel (at least for me-- I know some people had three.)

Snail mail

Thanks for the response. My experience has been the same as yours as far as mail/calls. How long after the second round did you get the letter? I am definitely expecting one, unfortunately.

It was one of my longer turn arounds. I'm thinking between 3 and a half weeks and a month

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Received a call from Philly this week to set up a meeting with DA Williams. However, I ended up accepting an offer elsewhere so I declined Philly's invitation. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received a call from Philly this week to set up a meeting with DA Williams. However, I ended up accepting an offer elsewhere so I declined Philly's invitation. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Is that Philly's standard? An offer through a meeting with the DA? Also, has anybody received rejections?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I interviewed with Queens from out of town, second round, and was notified about 2 weeks later via snail mail of rejection. Good luck. Normally no news is good news, but if you get anything in the mail, its not good.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Received a call from Philly this week to set up a meeting with DA Williams. However, I ended up accepting an offer elsewhere so I declined Philly's invitation. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Is that Philly's standard? An offer through a meeting with the DA? Also, has anybody received rejections?

No call, no reject. I don't know if meeting with the DA is the standard for Philly, the forum from last year didn't mention that as far as I recall. I spoke to the HR office about a week ago and they stated they hoped to have decisions within two weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:44 pm

If I got my grades back and got an A- I'm crim pro, you guys think I should send it to the offices that are still considering?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I got my grades back and got an A- I'm crim pro, you guys think I should send it to the offices that are still considering?

I'd like to know this as well. Also, can you just send your criminal law classes or do you have to send all your grades for the semester.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No call, no reject. I don't know if meeting with the DA is the standard for Philly, the forum from last year didn't mention that as far as I recall. I spoke to the HR office about a week ago and they stated they hoped to have decisions within two weeks.

In my interview with DA Williams he said he's taking a more active roll in hiring. And, all of the people who I know and got offers this year had a 3rd round meeting where it is just a quick introduction followed by an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 am

Has anyone called up Bklyn about their ADA app? The website says updated information about applications by Jan 15th. No such update. Wondering if people are submitting new applications/calling up about previously submitted application/or just waiting...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Had my third round in the Bronx 2 and a half months ago and haven't heard anything yet

I know-- no news is good news but how hopeful can I really be 2 months later and no offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had my third round in the Bronx 2 and a half months ago and haven't heard anything yet

I know-- no news is good news but how hopeful can I really be 2 months later and no offer?

Had my SECOND round in November and have not heard anything.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone called up Bklyn about their ADA app? The website says updated information about applications by Jan 15th. No such update. Wondering if people are submitting new applications/calling up about previously submitted application/or just waiting...

Haven't called, and don't plan to. But the site says it will update AFTER 01/15. So we could be waiting a while. :( My guess is the longer we wait, the less likely they'll take a class this year.

Kind of makes me wonder: if they hire 40 new ADAs each year, will their office be really understaffed if it misses a whole new class?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone called up Bklyn about their ADA app? The website says updated information about applications by Jan 15th. No such update. Wondering if people are submitting new applications/calling up about previously submitted application/or just waiting...

Haven't called, and don't plan to. But the site says it will update AFTER 01/15. So we could be waiting a while. :( My guess is the longer we wait, the less likely they'll take a class this year.

Kind of makes me wonder: if they hire 40 new ADAs each year, will their office be really understaffed if it misses a whole new class?

There's a brand new DA though. He could essentially be bringing in a class of his own people...

objctnyrhnr

Postby objctnyrhnr » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:02 pm

has anybody heard anything from any MA DA's Offices?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Haven't seen anything on Miami in a while, has anyone heard anything in the last month or so (or know anyone who has)?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Haven't seen anything on Miami in a while, has anyone heard anything in the last month or so (or know anyone who has)?

I currently work there. Through the grapevine, most of the initial offers have gone out, they're waiting to see how the class fills out. I know 1 of 1 person got their offer in Mid-December, and the other was essentially told they were on a waiting list after having done the 3rd.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Rejection from Bronx today after 3rd Round in mid-December.

Return to “Legal Employment”