District Attorneys' Offices 2014

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have a 2nd round panel interview with Nassau DA and an upcoming screener with Manhattan. So at least Nassau is moving forward at this point.


Wow, that's fast. When did you have your Nassau screener?



~4 weeks ago. The notice of getting to second round came in the mail a week ago.


Damn...guess I'm not getting screened there. :\ Did you intern with them or anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have a 2nd round panel interview with Nassau DA and an upcoming screener with Manhattan. So at least Nassau is moving forward at this point.


Wow, that's fast. When did you have your Nassau screener?



~4 weeks ago. The notice of getting to second round came in the mail a week ago.


Damn...guess I'm not getting screened there. :\ Did you intern with them or anything?


Mine was part of OCI and they are probably doing interviews on a rolling basis anyway, don't lose hope just yet.

And no, I didn't intern there, but one of my summers I interned at a DA's office elsewhere in NY. I have ties to Nassau as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Question: Does anyone know anyone supposed to be Starting at Kings County NY in Jan 2014. (Hired this past spring). I've heard mixed reports that their offers are contingent on Hynes' reelection (which doesnt seem to be happening) and other people have said that those ADAs will be hired as planned.

Does anyone have any contacts that might know?


Any additional information? I haven't heard anything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:04 pm

anyone heard anything from Miami Dade?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:50 pm

I heard a rumor that former Suffolk (Boston) DAO interns can apply earlier than the webpage states (Oct 31).

1. has anybody else heard this

2. assuming this is the case, does anybody think it would help?

8444
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby 8444 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard anything from Miami Dade?

Interview with Miami-Dade last week. I was told they will be doing 1st rounds for at least 2-4 weeks and then making callbacks for 2nd round.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:22 pm

invited for first round with Manhattan. email seemed like they want you to come to them.

Anybody have any knowledge if they are willing to skype for the first round? I am out of state.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:08 pm

First round in the Bronx tomorrow afternoon. Has anyone completed the first round? Should I expect hypotheticals at this point or is it more "why do you want to be a prosecutor?"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:First round in the Bronx tomorrow afternoon. Has anyone completed the first round? Should I expect hypotheticals at this point or is it more "why do you want to be a prosecutor?"

Haven't heard about the Bronx specifically, but I believe it is rare to get hypos in a first-round interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First round in the Bronx tomorrow afternoon. Has anyone completed the first round? Should I expect hypotheticals at this point or is it more "why do you want to be a prosecutor?"

Haven't heard about the Bronx specifically, but I believe it is rare to get hypos in a first-round interview.


Had an interview with them today. There was one hypo, as well as the "why prosecution" question.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First round in the Bronx tomorrow afternoon. Has anyone completed the first round? Should I expect hypotheticals at this point or is it more "why do you want to be a prosecutor?"

Haven't heard about the Bronx specifically, but I believe it is rare to get hypos in a first-round interview.


Had an interview with them today. There was one hypo, as well as the "why prosecution" question.

How'd it go? What was the hypo, if you don't mind sharing?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First round in the Bronx tomorrow afternoon. Has anyone completed the first round? Should I expect hypotheticals at this point or is it more "why do you want to be a prosecutor?"

Haven't heard about the Bronx specifically, but I believe it is rare to get hypos in a first-round interview.


Had an interview with them today. There was one hypo, as well as the "why prosecution" question.

How'd it go? What was the hypo, if you don't mind sharing?


The interview was laidback; my interviewer was great. I'm not going to give the full hypo but basically what to do with a cop who perjured himself in the grand jury.

pookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby pookie » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:07 am

I got a call this morning for first round for Philly via Skype. Has anyone gone through the first round yet? Also have first rounds for Bronx and Nassau coming up.

User avatar
Bronx Bum
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Bronx Bum » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:still nothing for me

I find it hard to believe that I didnt get a single intro interview with all my trial experience

anyone heard anything


LOL trial experience? What trial experience? you're in law school. I hope you're not talking about mock trial. LOL. You're trial experience means nothing to them.

jml8756
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby jml8756 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:still nothing for me

I find it hard to believe that I didnt get a single intro interview with all my trial experience

anyone heard anything


LOL trial experience? What trial experience? you're in law school. I hope you're not talking about mock trial. LOL. You're trial experience means nothing to them.


Not OP, but in most states law students with a certain amount of credits can do trials under the supervision of a licensed attorney. Having trial and motion experience on your resume when applying for DA/PD is extremely important. It means almost everything to them.

User avatar
Bronx Bum
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Bronx Bum » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:45 pm

jml8756 wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:still nothing for me

I find it hard to believe that I didnt get a single intro interview with all my trial experience

anyone heard anything


LOL trial experience? What trial experience? you're in law school. I hope you're not talking about mock trial. LOL. You're trial experience means nothing to them.


Not OP, but in most states law students with a certain amount of credits can do trials under the supervision of a licensed attorney. Having trial and motion experience on your resume when applying for DA/PD is extremely important. It means almost everything to them.


Not in New York. And if it's an out-of-stater, that would explain why he didn't get the call.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Just got a second round DANY interview. Interviewed a few weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:
jml8756 wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:still nothing for me

I find it hard to believe that I didnt get a single intro interview with all my trial experience

anyone heard anything


LOL trial experience? What trial experience? you're in law school. I hope you're not talking about mock trial. LOL. You're trial experience means nothing to them.


Not OP, but in most states law students with a certain amount of credits can do trials under the supervision of a licensed attorney. Having trial and motion experience on your resume when applying for DA/PD is extremely important. It means almost everything to them.


Not in New York. And if it's an out-of-stater, that would explain why he didn't get the call.



This is incorrect. At least in Westchester, you can be certified as a student attorney and perform any task an ADA would before a court during 2L - 3L summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:First round in the Bronx tomorrow afternoon. Has anyone completed the first round? Should I expect hypotheticals at this point or is it more "why do you want to be a prosecutor?"

Haven't heard about the Bronx specifically, but I believe it is rare to get hypos in a first-round interview.[/quote]

Had an interview with them today. There was one hypo, as well as the "why prosecution" question.[/quote]
How'd it go? What was the hypo, if you don't mind sharing?[/quote]

The interview was laidback; my interviewer was great. I'm not going to give the full hypo but basically what to do with a cop who perjured himself in the grand jury.[/quote]

I had my interview with Bronx earlier this week. Similar experience. We talked about why I want to be a prosecutor, why not defense, I also got one hypo but it was a different one. I don't want to out myself so I won't give specifics but it wasn't all that intense. I was told they don't know their timeline yet for when they're letting people know, has anyone heard about a second interview yet? I also have Nassau coming up soon, curious to here what those who have already done the first round there thought.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:39 pm

have oci first interview with miami next week no idea what to expect any insight?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:06 am

Has anyone received a second round with Philly?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received a second round with Philly?


No, but they've sent out rejections so if you haven't heard its probably a good sign.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:17 pm

I just received a call for a second round with Miami in a couple weeks. My first interview was a panel with two upper-level ASA's. They asked me the general questions (why do you want to be an ADA/ why Miami) and then gave me a long hypothetical with a bunch of follow-on questions and variables. I go to Law School in New York and have heard that the 1st round for Miami in New York is like the second at most offices. Does anybody know what the second round is like, and if it's the final round?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received a second round with Philly?


No, but they've sent out rejections so if you haven't heard its probably a good sign.



Email?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm

1st Round with Philly next week, over the telephone. It's just one ADA, not sure what to expect aside from the general "Why do you want to be a prosecutor?" line of questioning.

Any 1st-round Philly vets want to add anything?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.