District Attorneys' Offices 2014

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:34 pm

I would also like to know if references were called - has everyone that is currently doing a third round with the bronx had their references called? If so - were those references different from the ones who submitted letters with the application?[/quote]

Honestly, I don't remember submitting references other than my LORs and I know my references from my LORs haven't been contacted. But my third round was recently.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:00 pm

ANyone have any idea what to do in this situation?

I got a letter from miami a month ago, called to schedule an interview, told him my schedule and he said he would call me back

Still nothing...Should I call again?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:ANyone have any idea what to do in this situation?

I got a letter from miami a month ago, called to schedule an interview, told him my schedule and he said he would call me back

Still nothing...Should I call again?


Call and/or email. Mr. Stewart is normally pretty good with responding if he isn't busy. I emailed him a question and he responded immediately.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Is there anything wrong with calling Bronx and asking about my application? had my second round about a month ago...thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Anybody have a second round with Philly and not get asked any hypos?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Anybody have a second round with Philly and not get asked any hypos?


I didn't get asked any hypos either in my Philly panel interview either. Thought it was odd, but maybe that's the way they do it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Where are the Nassau people at in the process. I'm from out of town. Had a first round last week, the 1st rounder liked me so they did my second round the same day. Anyone got word on 3rd round yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Where are the Nassau people at in the process. I'm from out of town. Had a first round last week, the 1st rounder liked me so they did my second round the same day. Anyone got word on 3rd round yet?


I'm out of town also, I have a first round w/ them coming up. How did they tell you to stick around, at the end of the interview did they just ask if you could do a second round? Also, thoughts on the interview?

Also, anyone else still waiting on Suffolk (LI)? I'm from out of town but I'll be home for a few weeks over the holidays, is it inappropriate to call and ask for an update and let them know I'm in town? I don't want to be presumptuous.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Where are the Nassau people at in the process. I'm from out of town. Had a first round last week, the 1st rounder liked me so they did my second round the same day. Anyone got word on 3rd round yet?


I'm out of town also, I have a first round w/ them coming up. How did they tell you to stick around, at the end of the interview did they just ask if you could do a second round? Also, thoughts on the interview?

Also, anyone else still waiting on Suffolk (LI)? I'm from out of town but I'll be home for a few weeks over the holidays, is it inappropriate to call and ask for an update and let them know I'm in town? I don't want to be presumptuous.


I am from out of town and called both Manhattan and Queens and told them I was coming into town - back in November - for an interview with another office. They both did NOT mind and actually contacted me back shortly after and scheduled interviews during that time period.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Where are the Nassau people at in the process. I'm from out of town. Had a first round last week, the 1st rounder liked me so they did my second round the same day. Anyone got word on 3rd round yet?


I'm out of town also, I have a first round w/ them coming up. How did they tell you to stick around, at the end of the interview did they just ask if you could do a second round? Also, thoughts on the interview?

Also, anyone else still waiting on Suffolk (LI)? I'm from out of town but I'll be home for a few weeks over the holidays, is it inappropriate to call and ask for an update and let them know I'm in town? I don't want to be presumptuous.


I am from out of town and called both Manhattan and Queens and told them I was coming into town - back in November - for an interview with another office. They both did NOT mind and actually contacted me back shortly after and scheduled interviews during that time period.


Probably couldn't hurt. I'm not sure you'll have any luck with Suffolk though. I don't think they have started scheduling 1st rounds (though I hope someone will correct me). As for Nassau I have a 2nd round coming up in a few weeks. I don't think they make employment offers until April/May/June so we've got a long road.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:31 am

Probably couldn't hurt. I'm not sure you'll have any luck with Suffolk though. I don't think they have started scheduling 1st rounds (though I hope someone will correct me). As for Nassau I have a 2nd round coming up in a few weeks. I don't think they make employment offers until April/May/June so we've got a long road.




Can anybody credit this? Offers not until April/May?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:05 am

Can anyone ITT elaborate what they did in law school that they think helped them get an interview? Putting your school is also useful, if you want.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Where are the Nassau people at in the process. I'm from out of town. Had a first round last week, the 1st rounder liked me so they did my second round the same day. Anyone got word on 3rd round yet?


I'm out of town also, I have a first round w/ them coming up. How did they tell you to stick around, at the end of the interview did they just ask if you could do a second round? Also, thoughts on the interview?



OP Here. My 1st interviewer asked me to wait in the waiting room while he checked to see if anything else was needed for my application. He came back 5 or so minutes later and said he was really impressed with me and because I was out of town (Im from the Midwest) was trying to find 2 higher level ADAs to conduct the second round that same day. About 10 minutes later I had my second round. Both interviews went well, pretty typical stuff, don't want to give away too much more than that.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone ITT elaborate what they did in law school that they think helped them get an interview? Putting your school is also useful, if you want.



Criminal Law work for me. Did an PD internship 1L summer, a DA internship 2L summer, now in my schools Prosecutor Clinic.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Probably couldn't hurt. I'm not sure you'll have any luck with Suffolk though. I don't think they have started scheduling 1st rounds (though I hope someone will correct me). As for Nassau I have a 2nd round coming up in a few weeks. I don't think they make employment offers until April/May/June so we've got a long road.




Can anybody credit this? Offers not until April/May?


I'm the anon who gave the April/May date above. I was told by them over the phone, when I scheduled the second round, that they are aiming for April offers. The thread from last year seems to indicate the same thing. Maybe (hopefully) someone else has contradicting info?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:18 am

Does anyone know if offices generally ask for your fall grades (for 3L, ADA hiring)? I'm asking mainly for the NY offices but this could be relevant for other people too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if offices generally ask for your fall grades (for 3L, ADA hiring)? I'm asking mainly for the NY offices but this could be relevant for other people too.


the office i accepted at didnt mention a transcript when discussing the final HR steps. I assume they figure if you can sit for the bar, you graduated.

non NY/Philly/Miami/Cook County office though, which i suspect might be more grade conscious.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Probably couldn't hurt. I'm not sure you'll have any luck with Suffolk though. I don't think they have started scheduling 1st rounds (though I hope someone will correct me). As for Nassau I have a 2nd round coming up in a few weeks. I don't think they make employment offers until April/May/June so we've got a long road.




Can anybody credit this? Offers not until April/May?


I'm the anon who gave the April/May date above. I was told by them over the phone, when I scheduled the second round, that they are aiming for April offers. The thread from last year seems to indicate the same thing. Maybe (hopefully) someone else has contradicting info?


I've heard the same thing HOWEVER I do know personally if you have an offer from another office all of the offices (NY/Philly/Miami/Cook) will speed up the hiring/interview process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if offices generally ask for your fall grades (for 3L, ADA hiring)? I'm asking mainly for the NY offices but this could be relevant for other people too.


the office i accepted at didnt mention a transcript when discussing the final HR steps. I assume they figure if you can sit for the bar, you graduated.

non NY/Philly/Miami/Cook County office though, which i suspect might be more grade conscious.


Made it to the final rounds in a couple of the NY offices and 3L Fall grades haven't been brought up. Maybe because they ask for transcripts early in the process. Made it to the final rounds in Miami/Philly/Cook and that wasn't discussed either. I don't think they really care at this point if they like you enough.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 am

Yeah, every office says that bit about another offer. So is it that there is actually a designated time in the year where offers are given OR is there a separate timetable for "special" people who manage to extract an early offer from another office? I demand that all offices fall in line with my dichotomy. And I demand transparency, generally.

Sadly, I have absolutely no stature with which to make such demands.

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Probably couldn't hurt. I'm not sure you'll have any luck with Suffolk though. I don't think they have started scheduling 1st rounds (though I hope someone will correct me). As for Nassau I have a 2nd round coming up in a few weeks. I don't think they make employment offers until April/May/June so we've got a long road.




Can anybody credit this? Offers not until April/May?


I'm the anon who gave the April/May date above. I was told by them over the phone, when I scheduled the second round, that they are aiming for April offers. The thread from last year seems to indicate the same thing. Maybe (hopefully) someone else has contradicting info?


I've heard the same thing HOWEVER I do know personally if you have an offer from another office all of the offices (NY/Philly/Miami/Cook) will speed up the hiring/interview process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone had or scheduled a 3rd round with the bronx?


I had a third round, but it was for the January class. Are you a current 3L? Just a guess, but they might be doing the January class third rounds before the September class.


I know they are doing 3rd rounds for Sept. There were a bunch of us there last week interviewing for the Sept. class. It seems they are moving forward quickly.


Just got the call to schedule a 3rd round interview. 2nd round interview was in the first week of November

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone had or scheduled a 3rd round with the bronx?


I had a third round, but it was for the January class. Are you a current 3L? Just a guess, but they might be doing the January class third rounds before the September class.


I know they are doing 3rd rounds for Sept. There were a bunch of us there last week interviewing for the Sept. class. It seems they are moving forward quickly.


Just got the call to schedule a 3rd round interview. 2nd round interview was in the first week of November



Were your references called?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Had second round interview with Bronx right before Thanksgiving, and I know they called at least one of my references last week- when should I be hearing about 3rd round?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone had or scheduled a 3rd round with the bronx?


I had a third round, but it was for the January class. Are you a current 3L? Just a guess, but they might be doing the January class third rounds before the September class.


I know they are doing 3rd rounds for Sept. There were a bunch of us there last week interviewing for the Sept. class. It seems they are moving forward quickly.


Just got the call to schedule a 3rd round interview. 2nd round interview was in the first week of November



did you schedule the 3rd round before christmas?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had second round interview with Bronx right before Thanksgiving, and I know they called at least one of my references last week- when should I be hearing about 3rd round?


For Bronx 2nd Round - did anyone else get a really hard hypothetical?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.