District Attorneys' Offices 2014

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Anyone have any information on Manhattan 2nd and 3rd rounds? Got a hypo in my first round along with the "why NY" and "prosecution questions, wondering what I will see in the 2nd and 3rd rounds....thanks for the help

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:27 pm

2nd round is a panel with three people. it's likely that you'll get the same "why this office" and "why prosecution" questions, in addition to a hypo or two. 3rd round is the "executive panel," with 3 people too. i believe that is usually with higher ups. they will be a little more combative. i didn't get a hypo there, but also, i can't say i walked out feeling very good.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:2nd round is a panel with three people. it's likely that you'll get the same "why this office" and "why prosecution" questions, in addition to a hypo or two. 3rd round is the "executive panel," with 3 people too. i believe that is usually with higher ups. they will be a little more combative. i didn't get a hypo there, but also, i can't say i walked out feeling very good.

Ditto. I didn't get a hypo, but I didn't feel too good.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:2nd round is a panel with three people. it's likely that you'll get the same "why this office" and "why prosecution" questions, in addition to a hypo or two. 3rd round is the "executive panel," with 3 people too. i believe that is usually with higher ups. they will be a little more combative. i didn't get a hypo there, but also, i can't say i walked out feeling very good.

Same here too but I think their job is not to make you feel too good. Does anyone have a good idea about their deadline? Legal Hiring said it could be a few weeks or it could be as late as March.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Same here too but I think their job is not to make you feel too good. Does anyone have a good idea about their deadline? Legal Hiring said it could be a few weeks or it could be as late as March.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. I have not heard on deadline, but I do know that they are doing a lo of Second and 3rd rounds currently. SO hopefully that is a good sign? I know that Bronx told me they look to make offers by Christmas.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Has any one heard from Suffolk (Long Island)?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Has anyone heard from Bronx about a third round, had my second a while back and was wondering how long they take/if anyone knows of anything going on?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Bronx about a third round, had my second a while back and was wondering how long they take/if anyone knows of anything going on?

I just had my second round last week. Not sure if this helps but what they told me is that third rounds will be around/after Thanksgiving, with offers going out around xmas.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Bronx about a third round, had my second a while back and was wondering how long they take/if anyone knows of anything going on?

I just had my second round last week. Not sure if this helps but what they told me is that third rounds will be around/after Thanksgiving, with offers going out around xmas.

Weird I just scheduled a second round for early December.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Thats what they told me too, but then didn't really give a date/time frame as to when we'd hear about a third round. Was wondering if it would be like last time where they called us a few weeks in advance to let us know, or if we just have to wait for the rejection letter to let us know where we stand?

I guess the question now is, has anyone recieved an offer for a third round and if so, how long did you wait/it take to hear anything?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

As did I. Is this bad news?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I cannot speak on behalf of the hiring committee, but I'm going to venture to say that it's not indicative of one way over another. Many offices spread the hiring process out, but for those who have already completed a second round, or simply know something they wish to share that's on point, I would appreciate the insight as to the third round timing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has any one heard from Suffolk (Long Island)?

The website says they contact people for interviews in Dec., so hopefully soon!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

i've heard that bronx goes in alphabetical order :|

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Got got a call saying I made it to the 2nd round for Cook County ASA. Anyone else get this call? Anyone have any idea on what second round is like besides being a panel?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got got a call saying I made it to the 2nd round for Cook County ASA. Anyone else get this call? Anyone have any idea on what second round is like besides being a panel?

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what was the first round like at CC? I have my first round this week and was just curious. Also, when is your second round scheduled for? Hoping I am not behind the 8 ball with interviews...Thanks and good luck in the second round!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got got a call saying I made it to the 2nd round for Cook County ASA. Anyone else get this call? Anyone have any idea on what second round is like besides being a panel?

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what was the first round like at CC? I have my first round this week and was just curious. Also, when is your second round scheduled for? Hoping I am not behind the 8 ball with interviews...Thanks and good luck in the second round!

Hey, OP here. First round was with two ASAs, around 20 minutes in length. They just asked me general questions about myself, my resume, and my writing sample. I didn't get any Why Cook? or Why Prosecution? questions but I heard some others did. My second round is first week in December. Good Luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Hey, OP here. First round was with two ASAs, around 20 minutes in length. They just asked me general questions about myself, my resume, and my writing sample. I didn't get any Why Cook? or Why Prosecution? questions but I heard some others did. My second round is first week in December. Good Luck!

There are generally no discernible differences between 1st and 2nd rounds. Your interviewers might be a bit more senior, but that's about it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Any news on Sacramento, Yolo, or Tulare County? All 3 should be making decisions to interview soon.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Heard back from Cook County for round 2. There will be a follow-up to confirm everything next week, and then the second interview sometime during the following two weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:54 pm

AP above, CONGRATS on the second rounder! How long ago did you have your first round?

I have a first rounder coming up, and from everything I am reading on this forum is that its a panel of "two ASA's", but my call stated the panel for my first interview will be with Three ASA's. Anyone know why? I am from out of town, not sure if that matters...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:AP above, CONGRATS on the second rounder! How long ago did you have your first round?

I have a first rounder coming up, and from everything I am reading on this forum is that its a panel of "two ASA's", but my call stated the panel for my first interview will be with Three ASA's. Anyone know why? I am from out of town, not sure if that matters...

Mine was from an OCI 2-3 months ago, and I had two ASA's.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Any interest in making a list of areas of criminal law/evidence that tend to be covered during interviews?

the only area i've really ever faced in an interview dealt with brady material

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:AP above, CONGRATS on the second rounder! How long ago did you have your first round?

Doesn't matter. It's probably just how the interviewers' schedules worked out.

Return to “Legal Employment”