District Attorneys' Offices 2014 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:35 pm

just got word via e-mail I was chosen for a panel interview for Philly. I have to call to schedule next week. woo

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:just got word via e-mail I was chosen for a panel interview for Philly. I have to call to schedule next week. woo

NICE! Congrats...may I ask when did you apply and are you instate/OCI or out of state??

boarder78

New

Post by boarder78 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:37 am

Does anyone have any info on San Diego County (California)?
I am on the "Eligible List". I have no idea what happens next, but they gave me a score (71) based on my application.
Any help would be appreciated

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:37 am

boarder78 wrote:Does anyone have any info on San Diego County (California)?
I am on the "Eligible List". I have no idea what happens next, but they gave me a score (71) based on my application.
Did you apply for DDA or for the GLC Position?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:just got word via e-mail I was chosen for a panel interview for Philly. I have to call to schedule next week. woo

NICE! Congrats...may I ask when did you apply and are you instate/OCI or out of state??
I sent in my application right before the deadline. I phone interviewed about ~2 weeks ago. I'm from way out of state.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I sent in my application right before the deadline. I phone interviewed about ~2 weeks ago. I'm from way out of state.

Dang. I did the same and I am from way out of state too...I applied I think September 20 and havent been contacted yet. Im in Cali but from NE and want to move back...guess thats not a good sign :/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Dang. I did the same and I am from way out of state too...I applied I think September 20 and havent been contacted yet. Im in Cali but from NE and want to move back...guess thats not a good sign :/
Not to be a bearer of bad news, but it seems that Philly sends out bad news (a rejection) via snail mail and e-mail for good news (panel interview). But until you get that snail mail rejection, don't give up hope.

I imagine at this point in the cycle they are close to finishing up their screeners, but there may be a batch or two of people they are selecting for panels they haven't notified yet. Good luck!

boarder78

New

Post by boarder78 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
DDA

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:33 pm

boarder78 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
DDA
I currently intern at the SDCDA and they have already given out second round interviews. The first part took place last Friday and the second part is today and tomorrow. Sorry...its a SUPER tough office to get into especially if you have not worked their before.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

boarder78

New

Post by boarder78 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
boarder78 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
DDA
I currently intern at the SDCDA and they have already given out second round interviews. The first part took place last Friday and the second part is today and tomorrow. Sorry...its a SUPER tough office to get into especially if you have not worked their before.
Thanks for the info. What location was hiring? I was hoping something would open up in one of the less desirable locations (like Vista).
What was the second round like?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:43 pm

They dont hire by locations. The whole office as a whole hires and then you are sent to whatver office they choose. New DDA's are constantly rotated. The second round involved a writing competition and then a few days later another panel interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 am

Manhattan --
1. Submitted app first week of August through their website. Didn't get selected for OCI.
2. First interview mid-September. Like 3-4 short hypos.
3. Callback about a week later. Second interview first week of October. One hypo, but facts were changed throughout.
4. Callback about 1.5 weeks later. Third interview scheduled first week of November.
5. fuckfuckfuckfuck

Miami-Dade
1. OCI interview during first week of september. One hypo.
2. Had second round interview mid-October. No hypos. Smoked and joked with the interviewers, lol.

Queens
1. Interned there over the summer; second round interview so long as intern evaluation is good (spoke with deputy bureau chief, said he'd submit an intern evaluation on my behalf since the intern supervisor is out sick).
2. Haven't been scheduled for Second round yet. Assured it will happen in November.

Bronx
1. Selected for OCI, no callback yet. One of my friends has, however.

Brooklyn
1. Sent in app, but no response. Guessing they're in a hiring freeze due to Hynes getting das boot.

Suffolk
1. Sent in app, got confirmation of receipt, but nothing else.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Manhattan --

4. Callback about 1.5 weeks later. Third interview scheduled first week of November.
Was this a call or email like the others?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:58 am

Previous Poster, thanks for the info. Helps out to thus of us who havent heard back to get a general time frame.

How do you like the Queens office? Im really interested in them above anyone else because they are more of a career office. And tips?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:

I think the first interview was arranged via e-mail, but the second and third interviews were arranged by telephone calls, with confirmatory e-mails sent shortly after it was scheduled.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think the first interview was done via e-mail, but the second and third interviews were calls, with confirmatory e-mails sent shortly after it was scheduled.
Thanks - I didn't get a call for the second interview (only email) and now it's been 3+ weeks of waiting. getting anxious.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:13 am

zzz
Last edited by encore1101 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:16 pm

How did Suffolk confirm receipt of your application? Through the mail or email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How did Suffolk confirm receipt of your application? Through the mail or email?

E-mail. It was just a generic "We have received your application to the Suffolk County DA's Office" message.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:21 pm

I loved the Queens office. I can't speak too much of the atmosphere of Manhattan Office, but from a good friend who interned there, their office has an attitude of "We're Manhattan, we're exclusive and we know it." When I was at Queens, it was very down-to-earth.

As far as tips go, I'm still in the process myself, so take it for what its worth. After my 2nd round for Manhattan, I thought I completely bombed the interview, because I was unable to cite the specific statute and/or rule for the basis of my reasoning. I get the feeling that they're not concerned with how well you know the statutes, rules of professional conduct, and case law, so much as whether you're a) a moral person, and b) someone they could work with.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Does anyone know if Manhattan will do two interviews in one day (i.e. the first and second round) if you are coming from out of town??? I know other offices do this but not sure about Manhattan...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Miami-Dade
1. OCI interview during first week of september. One hypo.
2. Had second round interview mid-October. No hypos. Smoked and joked with the interviewers, lol.
I have my second round coming up in the next few weeks. Do you mind expanding on how exactly this went down and what exactly you talked about?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:11 pm

I can speak to Manhattan from experience.

1. They will not schedule 2 rounds of interviews on the same day under any circumstances. and..
2. It's really not snooty. DA's offices in the city all have weird relationships with each other, and ADAs all have their opinions about other boroughs. Manhattan is not pretentious or snooty at all, and the ADAs are very, very down to earth, just from what I've seen.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Wow. that sucks about Manhattan. That not good for me if I have to fly out multiple times. Plus, this is only a first interview so I think im already behind the curve.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I can speak to Manhattan from experience.

1. They will not schedule 2 rounds of interviews on the same day under any circumstances. and..
2. It's really not snooty. DA's offices in the city all have weird relationships with each other, and ADAs all have their opinions about other boroughs. Manhattan is not pretentious or snooty at all, and the ADAs are very, very down to earth, just from what I've seen.
Different AP here, do you have any idea (or anyone else who may know) if Manhattan will do the first round over the phone ???

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”