District Attorneys' Offices 2014 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received a second round with Philly?
No, but they've sent out rejections so if you haven't heard its probably a good sign.

Email?
Snail mail. Late last week

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1st Round with Philly next week, over the telephone. It's just one ADA, not sure what to expect aside from the general "Why do you want to be a prosecutor?" line of questioning.

Any 1st-round Philly vets want to add anything?
1st round was very general. I didn't get any hypos. If you're not from Philly - which I'm assuming you're not b/c it's a phone interview - they will probably grill you a little bit about why you want to be in Philly. Play up any ties you might have.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:1st Round with Philly next week, over the telephone. It's just one ADA, not sure what to expect aside from the general "Why do you want to be a prosecutor?" line of questioning.

Any 1st-round Philly vets want to add anything?
1st round was very general. I didn't get any hypos. If you're not from Philly - which I'm assuming you're not b/c it's a phone interview - they will probably grill you a little bit about why you want to be in Philly. Play up any ties you might have.
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'm worried about the "why philly?" question. I have literally no ties there. :( Guess I'll spend the weekend trying to come up with a good response to this question.

I also got the "Why NY?" question with DANY, and was pretty surprised. I didn't think ties were going to be that big of a deal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 pm

I just received a call for a second round with Miami in a couple weeks. My first interview was a panel with two upper-level ASA's. They asked me the general questions (why do you want to be an ADA/ why Miami) and then gave me a long hypothetical with a bunch of follow-on questions and variables. I go to Law School in New York and have heard that the 1st round for Miami in New York is like the second at most offices. Does anybody know what the second round is like, and if it's the final round?

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just received a call for a second round with Miami in a couple weeks. My first interview was a panel with two upper-level ASA's. They asked me the general questions (why do you want to be an ADA/ why Miami) and then gave me a long hypothetical with a bunch of follow-on questions and variables. I go to Law School in New York and have heard that the 1st round for Miami in New York is like the second at most offices. Does anybody know what the second round is like, and if it's the final round?
Your first round was just like everyone else's first round. There are three rounds total. During the last round you meet directly with the state attorney Ms. rundle. Because you're out of state and will (presumably) be coming down for your second round interview then chances are that this final round will take place on the same day as your second round, if you do well during your second round of course.

During the second round you'll be meeting with section chiefs and assistant chiefs. You'll get asked hypos and personal questions. This interview lasts a few hours.

Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Anyone apply to Cook County? Round 1 should be over by now. I'm wondering how they will announce who moves on to round 2 (email, call, etc)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply to Cook County? Round 1 should be over by now. I'm wondering how they will announce who moves on to round 2 (email, call, etc)
Applied last year. You'll get a phone call late November/early December to schedule a 2nd round interview if you got one. Then two days before your interview they'll send you an email with the names of your interviewers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply to Cook County? Round 1 should be over by now. I'm wondering how they will announce who moves on to round 2 (email, call, etc)
Applied last year. You'll get a phone call late November/early December to schedule a 2nd round interview if you got one. Then two days before your interview they'll send you an email with the names of your interviewers.
Thanks! Seems like such a long time to wait. ugh

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Ha. Just wait until you've done your 3rd round in February and have to wait until mid-May to find out if they hired you. The Cook Co. application process is all about waiting in the dark. You have to really be dedicated to stick it out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Ha. Just wait until you've done your 3rd round in February and have to wait until mid-May to find out if they hired you. The Cook Co. application process is all about waiting in the dark. You have to really be dedicated to stick it out.
The same can be said for most DA'S offices. Part of this process is a huge mind f*ck as far as waiting goes. But it's worth it in the end if it results in an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The same can be said for most DA'S offices. Part of this process is a huge mind f*ck as far as waiting goes. But it's worth it in the end if it results in an offer.
That can be a pretty grim "if."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 am

any word to anyone on second round Manhattan interviews had my first two weeks ago and found out they called my references wondering what that means

don't know about anyone else but it was an intense first interview, 2 ethics hypos and a why this office questions, i have to admit i loved it though best interview thus far by far

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:39 am

Anyone heard from Suffolk County (Long Island) for a first round yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:any word to anyone on second round Manhattan interviews had my first two weeks ago and found out they called my references wondering what that means

don't know about anyone else but it was an intense first interview, 2 ethics hypos and a why this office questions, i have to admit i loved it though best interview thus far by far
I had my first round about a month ago, and received a second round offer last week. So, it took them about three weeks or so to get back to me. Also, if you're from out of town, they will apparently try to schedule a third round interview with you on the same day, to save you a trip. Depends on the schedule of the executive panel members, though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any word to anyone on second round Manhattan interviews had my first two weeks ago and found out they called my references wondering what that means

I had my first round about a month ago, and received a second round offer last week. So, it took them about three weeks or so to get back to me. Also, if you're from out of town, they will apparently try to schedule a third round interview with you on the same day, to save you a trip. Depends on the schedule of the executive panel members, though.

did they call you or email you to let you know you were selected?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

did they call you or email you to let you know you were selected?
Received an email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Suffolk County (Long Island) for a first round yet?
No- I submitted my application about a month ago and haven't heard anything. Has anyone received a first round with Brooklyn (non OCI)?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:48 pm

redacted

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Anyone who is from out of town and applied close to the deadline heard from any of these offices:

Manhattan DA
Brooklyn DA
Bronx DA
Nassau County
Cook County
Philly

I waited until the Deadline to apply (between 2-3 weeks ago) and I haven't heard anything yet. I am from out of town and from what I am told (and have read) some offices don't give out-of-towner's screening interviews they just call you when they started conducting the Second Round Interviews.

Any information from anyone would be helpful, I have not got a rejection from anywhere yet so im guessing that may be a "good" sign? Thanks guys

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:06 pm

I got a rejection from Manhattan but haven't heard anything from Cook County

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who is from out of town and applied close to the deadline heard from any of these offices:

Manhattan DA
Brooklyn DA
Bronx DA
Nassau County
Cook County
Philly

I waited until the Deadline to apply (between 2-3 weeks ago) and I haven't heard anything yet. I am from out of town and from what I am told (and have read) some offices don't give out-of-towner's screening interviews they just call you when they started conducting the Second Round Interviews.

Any information from anyone would be helpful, I have not got a rejection from anywhere yet so im guessing that may be a "good" sign? Thanks guys

Just got a call for an interview with Bronx DA today for mid-november. Since i am out of state they are allowing me to do both my first and second interview in one shot.

Previous Poster, how did Manhattan reject you and when did you apply? Are you from out of state?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who is from out of town and applied close to the deadline heard from any of these offices:

Manhattan DA
Brooklyn DA
Bronx DA
Nassau County
Cook County
Philly

Just got a call for an interview with Bronx DA today for mid-november. Since i am out of state they are allowing me to do both my first and second interview in one shot.

Previous Poster, how did Manhattan reject you and when did you apply? Are you from out of state?
Via email, I applied right before the deadline, and yes, I am out of state.

campbecj

New

Post by campbecj » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Manhattan DA
Brooklyn DA
Bronx DA
Nassau County
Cook County
Philly

Via email, I applied right before the deadline, and yes, I am out of state.
Sorry to hear that man, rejections are no good. Ill probably get the same...did you apply to any other NY offices? (you can PM if you want too)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Interviewed for Manhattan DA 3 weeks ago, no word either way yet...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Suffolk County (Long Island) for a first round yet?
No- I submitted my application about a month ago and haven't heard anything. Has anyone received a first round with Brooklyn (non OCI)?
I submitted my application to Suffolk pretty much as soon as they began accepting them and haven't heard anything yet. Acc. to their website they notify candidates who get interviews in Dec. but I'm interested to know if anyone has heard (not sure how strict the Dec. thing is, anyone know?)

Nothing from Brooklyn.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”