District Attorneys' Offices 2014 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorneys' Offices 2014

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats! And according to the Bronx DA website, last year DA Johnson interview 122 and 80 were hired...so it isn't just a formality.
Still a pretty sizable chunk though; there's bound to be people included in there that had third round with Bronx but decided to work elsewhere. I'd imagine its somewhere in between formality and actual interview, but more leaning towards formality.[/quote]

Only 60 were actually hired though (there is a press release about it on the website)-- that means that 20 probably turned them down for one reason or another and they sent out a second wave of offers[/quote]

Actually, the 80 ADA figure seems to combine the 60 in the September class and the 20 in the January class in 2013. So I'd assume the entire statistic represents hiring for both classes.[/quote]

ah I didn't see the article about the January hires. That makes sense then

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Does anyone know what the timeline is for the Bronx offers for the January class? I had my third round interview the other week and I'm currently still waiting to hear something back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Anyone who interviewed w/ Nassau tell me how long it took to hear about a second round (or, how long after your first round you were denied?)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who interviewed w/ Nassau tell me how long it took to hear about a second round (or, how long after your first round you were denied?)
I heard from Nassau within two weeks after my first and second round

According to their website you'll hear within 30 days though

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who interviewed w/ Nassau tell me how long it took to hear about a second round (or, how long after your first round you were denied?)
Interviewed in mid-November; got the letter about a second round on Monday

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I heard from Nassau within two weeks after my first and second round

According to their website you'll hear within 30 days though
[/quote]

Interviewed in mid-November; got the letter about a second round on Monday[/quote]

Thank you both!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know what the timeline is for the Bronx offers for the January class? I had my third round interview the other week and I'm currently still waiting to hear something back.
someone wrote earlier that they received an offer from the Bronx for the January class. Though they did not say when they had the interview

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Had 2nd round with bronx 2 weeks ago, no references called yet...should I be expecting bad news?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had 2nd round with bronx 2 weeks ago, no references called yet...should I be expecting bad news?
no news is usually good news-- but the Bronx is also doing their third rounds currently. Maybe they are waiting to see how many offers they want to give from this batch before bringing more people in for third rounds?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had 2nd round with bronx 2 weeks ago, no references called yet...should I be expecting bad news?
no news is usually good news-- but the Bronx is also doing their third rounds currently. Maybe they are waiting to see how many offers they want to give from this batch before bringing more people in for third rounds?
yeah - i'll hold out hope that's the case until i hear otherwise

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know what the timeline is for the Bronx offers for the January class? I had my third round interview the other week and I'm currently still waiting to hear something back.
I know offers have already gone out to some people for the January class. I got one a couple days after interviewing at the beginning of this month. Good luck.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 am

Question (and I hope this doesn't derail this great thread) if you were offered Nassau DA and Bronx/Queens DA which would you take?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:Question (and I hope this doesn't derail this great thread) if you were offered Nassau DA and Bronx/Queens DA which would you take?
I think that's a really subjective question and there are a lot of factors to consider. For example: Nassau has a residency requirement. If you don't already live there you'd have to move. Meanwhile, the other two don't and you lived somewhere where you could make the commute (or your parents did) you might be able to save money. The city offices are a lot bigger than the Nassau office-- so how big of a place you want to work in is something else to consider

They are all pretty great offices where you would learn a lot. I just think each person probably has a different list of factors that would affect which one they would take
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
I know offers have already gone out to some people for the January class. I got one a couple days after interviewing at the beginning of this month. Good luck.
I got an offer at the end of November. I've been told they're hiring 20 new ADAs for the January class. I don't know what their timeline is, but I expect you'll hear soon. You could always call them too. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Any one receive a first round with Suffolk (LI) yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any one receive a first round with Suffolk (LI) yet?
Applied quite a while ago (late Sept. - early Oct.). Haven't heard anything back yet. Not even a confirmation that they received my app.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Applied 4 weeks ago. Just got an email today saying they'd like to interview me. I assume that all people who made it to the first round will be getting this email in the next day or so. It seems like interviews are being conducted the first few weeks of January.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Rejected for a Third Round with the Bronx DA. Stats are High T2, out of state, had my first and second interview in mid-november. Rejection was postmarked as of last week. Good luck to those remaining

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Particularly in the NYC offices (Bronx/Manhattan), I've been getting the question: "If you got offers at all of the places you've applied, which office would you choose?" Just wanted to check how people have been responding to this question.

Here's what I say: If their office is definitely my top choice, then I'll tell them that. But if their office is not my top choice, or if I'm not sure which office I would pick, I say "That would be a really difficult choice. I am obviously interested in the other offices I'm applying to. But I also like a lot of specific things about your office, including X, Y, and Z."

Is that how other people respond? I obviously don't want to be dishonest or misleading (I think that's the worst thing you can do, especially in a DA interview). But I also don't want to tell an office that they are my second choice, unless they ask the question in a really specific way and demand a really specific answer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Applied quite a while ago (late Sept. - early Oct.). Haven't heard anything back yet. Not even a confirmation that they received my app.
Anonymous User wrote:
I'm in the same position and haven't heard

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Rejected for a Third Round with the Bronx DA. Stats are High T2, out of state, had my first and second interview in mid-november. Rejection was postmarked as of last week. Good luck to those remaining
Sorry to hear. I am expecting the same fate, unfortunately.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Had my 3rd round for Bronx for Sept. class....each day I don't hear makes me extremely nervous.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had my 3rd round for Bronx for Sept. class....each day I don't hear makes me extremely nervous.
Hey how far apart were your 2nd and 3rd rounds? (if you don't mind).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had my 3rd round for Bronx for Sept. class....each day I don't hear makes me extremely nervous.
I feel the same way! It seems as if they are trying to get the January class settled before they start planning the September class. At least that's what I keep telling myself

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Hey how far apart were your 2nd and 3rd rounds? (if you don't mind).
I'm from out of town so they let me do the 2nd and 3rd the same day.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”