Entry Level Associate Opening Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Entry Level Associate Opening

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm a 3L and a pretty prestigious big law firm just posted an entry level associate opening (for fall 2014) on my school's job website and I am within their required class rank for the position. However, I spent the last summer working for a small law firm rather than as a SA in Big Law. Do I still have a decent shot at an interview for the position? And should I address not being a SA for Big Law in my cover letter?

Anonymous User

Re: Entry Level Associate Opening

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a 3L and a pretty prestigious big law firm just posted an entry level associate opening (for fall 2014) on my school's job website and I am within their required class rank for the position. However, I spent the last summer working for a small law firm rather than as a SA in Big Law. Do I still have a decent shot at an interview for the position? And should I address not being a SA for Big Law in my cover letter?
You're at a disadvantage but it's not impossible. Also don't address that in your CL, unless you're using it to show the skills you've gained. Don't give them a reason to reject you.

dr123

Gold

Re: Entry Level Associate Opening

Post by dr123 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Why don't you just apply and find out?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”