No ding, but no CB - stay hopeful or they forgot about me? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

No ding, but no CB - stay hopeful or they forgot about me?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Some firms I screened with at a job fair have given dings and CBs, if info here can be trusted, but I haven't heard back either way. Is this a good or a bad thing? Have they completely forgotten about me? Or am I not good enough for a CB but they'll hold on to me to see? Should I email them about it?

Nammertat

Silver

Re: No ding, but no CB - stay hopeful or they forgot about me?

Post by Nammertat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Some firms I screened with at a job fair have given dings and CBs, if info here can be trusted, but I haven't heard back either way. Is this a good or a bad thing? Have they completely forgotten about me? Or am I not good enough for a CB but they'll hold on to me to see? Should I email them about it?
Some firms take their jolly time and only go through applicants in groups. Our CDO actually said it's fairly common for firms to take longer for candidates that aren't their absolute top choices. Hang in there, and be friendly in the callbacks that come your way!

Anonymous User

Re: No ding, but no CB - stay hopeful or they forgot about me?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Nammertat wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Some firms I screened with at a job fair have given dings and CBs, if info here can be trusted, but I haven't heard back either way. Is this a good or a bad thing? Have they completely forgotten about me? Or am I not good enough for a CB but they'll hold on to me to see? Should I email them about it?
Some firms take their jolly time and only go through applicants in groups. Our CDO actually said it's fairly common for firms to take longer for candidates that aren't their absolute top choices. Hang in there, and be friendly in the callbacks that come your way!
Thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”