Berkeley EIW callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:S&C callback for LA and also Gibson had a dinner each night they interviewed


:(

I thought I killed it at my GDC interview. Guess not...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Has anyone heard from Latham?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Latham CB (LA) and ding (NY) reported on Nuts and Boalts. My guess is some of the other offices could take a bit longer. Screeners for some locations weren't actually from that office (e.g. Chicago). It's possible a committee from those offices will make decisions this coming week. (Anyone have further insight on this?)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Latham CB (LA) and ding (NY) reported on Nuts and Boalts. My guess is some of the other offices could take a bit longer. Screeners for some locations weren't actually from that office (e.g. Chicago). It's possible a committee from those offices will make decisions this coming week. (Anyone have further insight on this?)


I interviewed for their SF office and the interviewer was from that office. Doesn't look like CBs have gone out yet, but then again not everyone visits TLS/N&B.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Anyone else here with no CBs? What are you planning to do?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:57 pm

did you talk to cdo? also i would wait it out unless you have some reason you know of that would explain the lack of callbacks. how are your grades if you don't mind me asking?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:did you talk to cdo? also i would wait it out unless you have some reason you know of that would explain the lack of callbacks. how are your grades if you don't mind me asking?


I haven't talked to CDO yet (planning on doing so tomorrow). My grades are stellar and every mock interviewer told me that I was great, so I can't imagine what's going wrong.

User avatar
sap
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby sap » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:24 pm

It seems like we've only been hearing a lot from ~25 firms. If you didn't interview with any firms we've been hearing callbacks from, I wouldn't worry too much. That's, like, 20% of the total firms that came. Or, maybe your interviews were backloaded - if you had 3/3/5/7/7 or something, of course the Thursday and Friday firms are taking a while to turn around. One of my interviewers on Friday said to me "don't get all anxious about whether or not we like you, I'm going to outside lands and there's no way I'm even emailing my hiring partner until Tuesday."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:49 pm

sap wrote:It seems like we've only been hearing a lot from ~25 firms. If you didn't interview with any firms we've been hearing callbacks from, I wouldn't worry too much. That's, like, 20% of the total firms that came. Or, maybe your interviews were backloaded - if you had 3/3/5/7/7 or something, of course the Thursday and Friday firms are taking a while to turn around. One of my interviewers on Friday said to me "don't get all anxious about whether or not we like you, I'm going to outside lands and there's no way I'm even emailing my hiring partner until Tuesday."


At least 75% of my interviews were with firms that have apparently sent out CBs (according to N&B). Shit.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Any transfers here? How'd you guys do?

User avatar
sap
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby sap » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm a transfer. I did well. One of my roommates is a transfer who went into EIW with an offer in hand and only did firms s/he preferred and has also done well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Transfer as well. Did meh. Was expecting better but can't complain.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Berkeley EIW callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Transfer here also. 18 interviews, 7 call backs (haven't heard from 6 yet), 1 offer so far.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.