Philly OCI 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:27 pm

dannynoonan87 wrote:Try Conrad O'Brien if you want to do litigation, they didn't start taking apps until August 1.

I have a good friend who interviewed with them at OCI. Turns out they pay market for Philly and have a very high offer rate. Any update on where they are at on making a decision?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had my callback with pepper the week of September 13. To be honest, I'm a little relieved. Of all the firms I've interviewed with, they were the only uptight one. They seemed very serious. Their offices seemed dead too.

Also had a CB with them (not the Philly office though), and this is exactly the vibe I got. Other firms seemed nice and chill, but the attorneys at Pepper seemed very seriously and, frankly, just not that friendly.

User avatar
dannynoonan87
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby dannynoonan87 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dannynoonan87 wrote:Try Conrad O'Brien if you want to do litigation, they didn't start taking apps until August 1.

I have a good friend who interviewed with them at OCI. Turns out they pay market for Philly and have a very high offer rate. Any update on where they are at on making a decision?


I can't give any more info than what I wrote above. I applied on Aug. 1 and never even heard from them so I have no idea where they're at.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Any word from Stradley?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:06 pm

I've seen some conflicting timelines for Duane Morris cb->offer. Anyone have insight? I had my CB a few weeks ago. They are my first choice. Am I still in the running?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Not super important, but does anyone know if Pepper does email or snailmail dings post CB? Just wondering what to look out for.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not super important, but does anyone know if Pepper does email or snailmail dings post CB? Just wondering what to look out for.


i received an email ding post cb.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've seen some conflicting timelines for Duane Morris cb->offer. Anyone have insight? I had my CB a few weeks ago. They are my first choice. Am I still in the running?


Nvm, got the ding today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Obermayer is done hiring, FWIW. Got a (very complimentary, tbf) rejection letter from them which said they were only hiring 1 SA and they filled the position.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've seen some conflicting timelines for Duane Morris cb->offer. Anyone have insight? I had my CB a few weeks ago. They are my first choice. Am I still in the running?


Nvm, got the ding today


Was yours by e-mail, as well?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Any Philly firms still hiring?

Penn kid here targeted NYC and PHL and got nada.
Is it even worth to apply to other firms in philly now?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not super important, but does anyone know if Pepper does email or snailmail dings post CB? Just wondering what to look out for.


i received an email ding post cb.


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Woodcock & Washburn is still looking if you're into IP

"The national IP law firm of WOODCOCK WASHBURN LLP is looking for qualified 2L students for its Philadelphia 2014 Summer Program. Qualified students MUST have a technical degree in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING OR COMPUTER SCIENCE. Students should also have a genuine interest or connection to the Philadelphia area."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've seen some conflicting timelines for Duane Morris cb->offer. Anyone have insight? I had my CB a few weeks ago. They are my first choice. Am I still in the running?


Nvm, got the ding today


Was yours by e-mail, as well?


No - snail mail. I'm disappointed, but not too surprised. One of the partners did not take well to something on my resume. They were my last hope for a V100.

Edit: not trying to make excuses or anything. I just seem to have had bad luck with interviewers throughout OCI.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've seen some conflicting timelines for Duane Morris cb->offer. Anyone have insight? I had my CB a few weeks ago. They are my first choice. Am I still in the running?


Nvm, got the ding today


Was yours by e-mail, as well?


No - snail mail. I'm disappointed, but not too surprised. One of the partners did not take well to something on my resume. They were my last hope for a V100.


This was the DM ding above, sorry. Accidentally quoted myself while trying to edit.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Woodcock & Washburn is still looking if you're into IP

"The national IP law firm of WOODCOCK WASHBURN LLP is looking for qualified 2L students for its Philadelphia 2014 Summer Program. Qualified students MUST have a technical degree in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING OR COMPUTER SCIENCE. Students should also have a genuine interest or connection to the Philadelphia area."


Thanks but I don't have either of those degrees.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Any movement on the Delaware front?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on the Delaware front?

I also would like to know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on the Delaware front?

I also would like to know.


I accepted an offer at one of the Big 4 about two weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on the Delaware front?

I also would like to know.


Turned down Big 4 offers over the last week or so

User avatar
vulaw
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby vulaw » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on the Delaware front?

I also would like to know.


Turned down Big 4 offers over the last week or so


Where did you go instead?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

All hope is not lost at the big 4 but I don't know what you're going to do with that info that will be helpful to you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Any Potter movement?

How long do they usually take on decisions? Anyone want to share their experience?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Potter movement?

How long do they usually take on decisions? Anyone want to share their experience?


Also interested in this. They said they would be a while before they got back to me, but it has been over a month.

User avatar
vulaw
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Re: Philly OCI 2013

Postby vulaw » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:All hope is not lost at the big 4 but I don't know what you're going to do with that info that will be helpful to you.


I was just curious what market you decided to go to instead.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.