OCI Receptions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI Receptions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

How do you juggle these? I've been invited to 3 thus far that are all on the same night in roughly the same window. I'm definitely interested in all 3 firms. Do I pick one? Can I jump to another one? I know this is a trivial question but I just want to make sure I'm not being rude if I leave one to go to another.

Anonymous User

Re: OCI Receptions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Not OP but also in similiar situation

iLaw

Postby iLaw » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Rank them 3-2-1. Go to #1 last so you can work the room without time being a factor. Obviously, if you make a great connection with 3 or 2, go with the flow. Main caution is not to get too hung up on some cohort and miss #1 (although if that is the worst thing that happens… still a good night). :)

unlicensedpotato

Postby unlicensedpotato » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:26 pm

iLaw wrote:Rank them 3-2-1. Go to #1 last so you can work the room without time being a factor. Obviously, if you make a great connection with 3 or 2, go with the flow. Main caution is not to get too hung up on some cohort and miss #1 (although if that is the worst thing that happens… still a good night). :)

Wut? Rank them 1-2-3. Do your best to get to all 3 but otherwise go with the flow. Sneaking out is way easier than sneaking in. You'll look like a dolt if you show up at your top choice with 20 minutes left. If all three are taking place 7-9 I might shoot for 7-8 at #1 then split the second hour between the other two.

guano

Postby guano » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Hire a double

Return to “Legal Employment”